Bojan

I missed out on Bojan but i did manage to get Aquino, Stoch and Opare. I'm torn between delight and the pressing feeling that i have sullied myself.

Tbh I have mentioned this to people and they have not seen it happen so i'm thinking it is not a certain occurence.

Maybe he's released if you start a new game with the 9.2.0 patch already installed. Was this the case or not? I say this because, in my game, none of these stupid free releases seem to have happened. And my game started with the demo.

If you have Spanish leagues loaded he wont leave.

I have the Spanish leagues loaded and he left on my game, went to Tottenham. Shame he didnt want to come to QPR but I did manage to pick up 4 other quality youngsters for free who would never have been released irl.

I had the two highest levels loaded in Spain as i played in England. My game was started with the 9.02 database. He had a 1 year contract with 90€ a week + status Hot prospect and played 36 games for the Barcelona first team in the first season. Then they just let him go.

bojan got released at the end of the season. i signed him for my newcastle united team ahead of man u chelsea ac milan and real madrid a few years later 3 to be precise i sold him for £58 million and that offer was from no other than barcelona.

Why would they let his contract run down and let him leave :s ?

I assume it is because Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc have massive squads and the AI currently doesn't think that developing youngsters with massive potential but low current ability is worth it. The Spanish teams seem to be the worst culprits as some of them have four teams at the club, but Man City let Sturridge go in my current game.

I assume it is because Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc have massive squads and the AI currently doesn't think that developing youngsters with massive potential but low current ability is worth it. The Spanish teams seem to be the worst culprits as some of them have four teams at the club, but Man City let Sturridge go in my current game.

I have noticed Sturridges team status is set to "Backup to the first team", rather than "Hot prospect for the future". The same goes for several other under 20 years old players with good PA. Seems like the AI simply do not understand players can get better with time.

Edit: after a quick glance, it seems like it actually is easier to find ~17-19 year old players with good PA that is "backup to the first team" than "hot prospect for the future".

Also related to the AI not respecting young players, Balotelli/Giovinco are constantly underplayed by their respective clubs to the extent of ruining their careers but neither ever requests a transfer until its too late and they've stunted their growth.

Surely their ambition stat should do something about that. Oh, and the fact the clubs should be at the very least offering them out on loan to make sure they reach their potential.

POOR AI MANAGMENT IMO.

Archived