going to but FM09 tomorrow....or shall I ???

If you have a high spec computer, get FM09 as most complainers simply do not have a good enough computer to run the game adequately and I would patch up, makes the game so much better.

If you have a lower spec computer, get FM08, it is a great game and runs at fantastic speeds, you can also download an up-to-date database.

Keep in mind that unless a game is perfect then its forums will be disproportionate (sp?) in terms of who enjoyed it comapred to who did not.

ie...

If theres a bug that stops some people playing they will go onto the net and complain endlessly (rightly so in most cases).

But for the people who have no problems they will only go online to maybe ask for advice about things or to download updates or skins etc...

As a result your average online community never reflects a games actual worth.

I myself enjoy 09 and i view it as an improvement over 08, ive had the odd problem but the patches that have been released have fixed them completely.

Also, remember that out of all the people complaining most of them are unjust in their accusations.

1. Either they cant/wont understand tactics and they complain when they lose a game(s)

2. They are expecting a 2008 era pc game to run on a machine that was built near enough a decade ago.

In both instances its not the game thats the problem.

Buy it and spend the time from now till the next patch comes out to tinker and tweak and experiment with tactics/formations. Use a practice season or two to build up your shortlist and tactics and then begin a real career when the third patch is out.

Oh, and enjoy. :)

Yeah agree with Slayer here, Ive had the game basically from release and Im no where near perfecting my tactics and suggest that you buy it and tinker around until you find something that suits you and your comfortable with.

Archived