UK Work Permits (Again)

Okay this has probably been asked before, it comes up a lot every year, but i'm a bit unsure about how the new UK Work Permit rules work in FM2009.

I'll leave the names out but some of you will probably be able to guess the players involved. I have been trying to buy two USA youth players from the same MLS team at the start of the 09/10 season. One is 18 and has played 12 times for the USA youth team, and the transfer went straight through with no mention of a WP I think that is because he has a second nationality in the EU. The other one is a 19 year who has played 11 times for USA youth, and I can't get a WP for him at all.

It is infuriating as he is the one I actually need to improve the current team, he is most likely going to be playing every game possible for the first team. Is there anyway to improve the chances of getting the WP or should I just give up and look elsewhere? Bare in mind that the position he plays is one that is proving very difficult to find good players that don't cost any absolute fortune.

Is it actually 3 years though? What countries get the quickest EU permits?

You get EU citizenship in Belgium after 3 years which is the least I think. Although there is one exception. You get EU citizenship in 2 years in Spain but only if you are from latin america.

If it involves having to wait at least 3 years for him to play then I won't need him then. My Youth Academy decided to produce 2 potentialy Leading and one Good Premiership quality players in that very position so in 3 years I won't need him anymore. Only the second time I've ever seen great, or even half decent, players come through my youth system.

No idea, never seen it, but just go to any team in Europe (in game that is), click on a foreign player (not necessarily to be a NON EU) and select the personal page, At the button you can see the requirements for that country (as well for other countries were the player might have played.)

ex. Click on Ajax, select Thomas Vermaelen (From Belgium he is) and select his personal page. I here you can see how long it takes for him to gain Dutch as a second nationality

On the subject of work permits, I remember seeing a list on here of how long it takes players from each country to become available to play. Could someone post me the link?

From GPTG FAQ:

Austria - 5

Belgium - 3

Cyprus - 5

Czech Republic - 5

Denmark - 7

Estonia - 5

Finland - 5

France, including French Guyana - 5

Germany - 5

Greece - 10

Guadeloupe - 5

Holland - 4

Hungary - 5

Iceland - 5

Ireland - 7

Italy - 5

Latvia - 5

Lithuania - 5

Luxembourg - 5

Malta - 5

Martinique - 5

Norway - 5

Poland - 3

Portugal - 5

Reunion - 5

Slovakia - 5

Slovenia - 7

Spain - 4

Sweden - 5

Switzerland - 5

United Kingdom - 7

Have checked some in my current 09 game.

It is in Day's

Austria - 1825
Belgium - 1095
Czech Republic - 1825
Denmark - 2555
France, including French Guyana - 1825
Germany - 2920
Greece - 3650
Holland - 1825
Italy - 1825
Latvia - 1825
Lithuania - 1825