Man city should have Wayyy More

Hi

I have started a season with man city, and I think it's a bit stupid that Man City only have like 60 million, here's what I think should be done......

You should have an unlimited amount of money but the board intervienes alot, also buys players without your concent, and pressures you too buy big names. This is what happened with Chelsea a couple of years ago, and it was good.

Also on the PSP, Man City have 260 million, that's more realistic, why not do it on the PC?

So please can you change this in the next update? And what do you think?

Also when's the January update?

Thanks

well in everyone elses game man city spend about £150mil every transfer window...maybe you choose the wrong option for season expectations

and the january update..................................er.......when the transfer window is over ? :p

Hi

I have started a season with man city, and I think it's a bit stupid that Man City only have like 60 million, here's what I think should be done......

You should have an unlimited amount of money but the board intervienes alot, also buys players without your concent, and pressures you too buy big names. This is what happened with Chelsea a couple of years ago, and it was good.

Also on the PSP, Man City have 260 million, that's more realistic, why not do it on the PC?

Thanks

not sure that board intervention etc is in FM09 .....probably will be in FM10 if the trend carries on.

In terms of cash, i know they have a massive amount already, but they should have loads more. Should have at least 500 million IMO - then again how could sports interactive have possibly envisaged that they would bid 100 million for kaka and offer 500k a week !!!!!!! :)

not sure that board intervention etc is in FM09 .....probably will be in FM10 if the trend carries on.

In terms of cash, i know they have a massive amount already, but they should have loads more. Should have at least 500 million IMO - then again how could sports interactive have possibly envisaged that they would bid 100 million for kaka and offer 500k a week !!!!!!! :)

...because similar sums were speculated for C Ronaldo back in September, thats how. kaka being a target is no secret, thats been known for months, and the sums involved are easily estimated. Whether he actually goes there is something that SI could not be sure of.

Real never considered spending the proposed €60mil for Ronaldo in the summer, it was just a rumour as they never made a single bid, just enquired about him. SI would never have seen this deal coming and why should they? Its just rediculous this deal, its at €120mil (£107mil) now they're offering and could go up even more... I hope Kaka doesn't come tbh.

...because similar sums were speculated for C Ronaldo back in September, thats how. kaka being a target is no secret, thats been known for months, and the sums involved are easily estimated. Whether he actually goes there is something that SI could not be sure of.

not sure really ... just because something is speculated i dont think SI should be expected to account for that in the game....

there is no way on earth they could envisage a wage budget capable of paying 500k a week thats for sure. Regardless of how much money they have it is crazy money !!!

i think it will be great for the premiership if kaka comes, another quality player to watch

i think it will be yet another nail in the coffin of our national game- the title is going to end up coming down to a co*k measuring contest between a few mega rich blokes who couldnt care less about "their" club and its "customers"- the average fan will be priced out of going to games (its already very difficult for many people who happen to support prem clubs to afford going, especially if they have a family). Whilst the richest men in the world compete with each other to see who can pay the highest amount of money to an already vastly overpaid player, good clubs like stockport county (who are apparently near to collapse) are going to fold and many people are going to lose their local team

of course, sky will tell everyone that things are great, and since the premier league will be getting vast sums of money in from TV deals around the world, no one will care about the fact that the sport has completely sold its soul to the highest bidder like a street whore. As long as the people who "support" man utd/ chelsea/ liverpool and arsenal despite never having been to a game (and in many cases never even been to the city the club plays in, some never having been to england) continue to fund the premier league, football will continue to die its slow death. If you dont go to games, you arent a fan- these people should tell andy gray and the likes to **** off, and should go and actually attend a match at their local club- I have an infinite amount more respect for people who travel away to watch torquay and the likes than i do for the absolute parasites that sat at home in Bristol, or in japan, "cheering" on chelsea or united. scum.

Rant over

i think it will be yet another nail in the coffin of our national game- the title is going to end up coming down to a co*k measuring contest between a few mega rich blokes who couldnt care less about "their" club and its "customers"- the average fan will be priced out of going to games (its already very difficult for many people who happen to support prem clubs to afford going' date=' especially if they have a family). Whilst the richest men in the world compete with each other to see who can pay the highest amount of money to an already vastly overpaid player, good clubs like stockport county (who are apparently near to collapse) are going to fold and many people are going to lose their local team

of course, sky will tell everyone that things are great, and since the premier league will be getting vast sums of money in from TV deals around the world, no one will care about the fact that the sport has completely sold its soul to the highest bidder like a street whore. As long as the people who "support" man utd/ chelsea/ liverpool and arsenal despite never having been to a game (and in many cases never even been to the city the club plays in, some never having been to england) continue to fund the premier league, football will continue to die its slow death. If you dont go to games, you arent a fan- these people should tell andy gray and the likes to **** off, and should go and actually attend a match at their local club- I have an infinite amount more respect for people who travel away to watch torquay and the likes than i do for the absolute parasites that sat at home in Bristol, or in japan, "cheering" on chelsea or united. scum.

Rant over[/quote']

i agree with all of this. i know so many people who have changed from city fans to man utd fans...and back again now they have money. i also know people who used to support tranmere rovers now they support chelsea.

i think it will be yet another nail in the coffin of our national game- the title is going to end up coming down to a co*k measuring contest between a few mega rich blokes who couldnt care less about "their" club and its "customers"- the average fan will be priced out of going to games (its already very difficult for many people who happen to support prem clubs to afford going' date=' especially if they have a family). Whilst the richest men in the world compete with each other to see who can pay the highest amount of money to an already vastly overpaid player, good clubs like stockport county (who are apparently near to collapse) are going to fold and many people are going to lose their local team

Rant over[/quote']

Why Bristol?

I live in Bristol and we have pretty good support for our teams like Bristol City and Bristol Rovers and considering both of our teams have just been promoted we obviously doing something right, like support our teams

Where is the closest premiership team from Bristol? West Brom, so why not support a team like Man utd, if there on TV then your going to watch them just to see abit of class.

I know im blabbering on here but I hate when people slag Bristol off when I know for a fact that we dont just sit there watching man utd and chelsea ignoring our local teams. I go to every Bristol rovers game and will continue too so don't tell me Bristol people just sit there watching Man utd or Chelsea all the time. Scum

i think it will be great for the premiership if kaka comes, another quality player to watch

Does Kaka really want to play for Man City I know I wouldn't be trading one of the biggest clubs in the world for a club that could well have a relegation battle on it's hand this season

Admitingly it would be funny if they did buy him and they got relegated ha ha Kaka in the championship - brilliant !!

Then again man city are probably just pretending they are that other club from manchester to trick him into signing for them same as when they got Robinho !!! Ha ha...

Why Bristol?

I live in Bristol and we have pretty good support for our teams like Bristol City and Bristol Rovers and considering both of our teams have just been promoted we obviously doing something right, like support our teams

Where is the closest premiership team from Bristol? West Brom, so why not support a team like Man utd, if there on TV then your going to watch them just to see abit of class.

I know im blabbering on here but I hate when people slag Bristol off when I know for a fact that we dont just sit there watching man utd and chelsea ignoring our local teams. I go to every Bristol rovers game and will continue too so don't tell me Bristol people just sit there watching Man utd or Chelsea all the time. Scum

calm down man! Im not slagging bristol off at all, im just making the point that people who sit at home watching games on tele who come from areas that, despite not having a top flight side, have a couple of sides that are well worth going along to support annoy me. I actually used bristol because of the quality of support for both rovers and city, not to criticise it- despite both sides attracting good attendances, the games arent sold out and people could go along and watch a good standard of football with a good atmosphere at the ground if they wanted to. It pi**es me off when they decide they cant be bothered and would rather watch a side they have no links to simply because they win a lot, i wasnt suggesting that bristol is worse than anywhere else in the country for this, it was simply the first place that i thought of (mainly because i love marcus stewart if im being honest!)

calm down man! Im not slagging bristol off at all' date=' im just making the point that people who sit at home watching games on tele who come from areas that, despite not having a top flight side, have a couple of sides that are well worth going along to support annoy me. I actually used bristol because of the quality of support for both rovers and city, not to criticise it- despite both sides attracting good attendances, the games arent sold out and people could go along and watch a good standard of football with a good atmosphere at the ground if they wanted to. It pi**es me off when they decide they cant be bothered and would rather watch a side they have no links to simply because they win a lot, i wasnt suggesting that bristol is worse than anywhere else in the country for this, it was simply the first place that i thought of (mainly because i love marcus stewart if im being honest!)[/quote']

Sorry, Im just very defensive about Bristol..

It is true that despite a good standard of football in Bristol some "Glory supporters" would rather see Man Utd on the TV instead of a team like Bristol City in the real. I was just saying that the attendances in Bristol football are slowly increasing and to be told that we sit here watching Man Utd made me flip. :thup:

Sorry dude, anyways.. staying on topic I would say that the money on Man City is good as it is as the board give them money after you have used your first load so there is no need to change it..

Sorry, Im just very defensive about Bristol..

It is true that despite a good standard of football in Bristol some "Glory supporters" would rather see Man Utd on the TV instead of a team like Bristol City in the real. I was just saying that the attendances in Bristol football are slowly increasing and to be told that we sit here watching Man Utd made me flip. :thup:

Sorry dude, anyways.. staying on topic I would say that the money on Man City is good as it is as the board give them money after you have used your first load so there is no need to change it..

no bother mate- i probably should have used a different example seeing as bristol is one of the few places that can actually see two sides outside the top flight sustain consistently good attendances. Perhaps one of the best examples of the "glory supporter" can be found in York- a huge city that struggles to get people in to watch the one club they have meaning that their existence, like stockport countys, seems to be under threat. When we start losing clubs like these, football really will be dieing

But yeah, to get back on topic, i dont think the game should give man city unlimited money- a huge bank balance at the start and a sugar daddy injecting cash every so often is realistic enough imo- although maybe they could have some sort of a cheat to enable unlimited money, just to keep the people that want to keep buying the worlds best players happy (i know that, whilst i wouldnt generally want to use it, i wouldnt mind having one shot at seeing sunderland sign the worlds best players and win the champions league year after year!)

you can take it or leave it but after all it reality of the modern world where everything for sale. This game is like a business project - Media, Broadcasting, Merchandise etc. Big Clubs in search of a better life. but on other hand small clubs will be affiliated societies and nothing more. but you can choose to manage (in the game) or to support clubs like Man City or Bristol or something like that But if you choose Bristol so don't moaning that there nothing to win

Rant over[/quote']

Mate I live in Australia, but since I was little kid I’ve supported Liverpool because I loved watching Ian Rush play, but you’re saying that I’m not a real fan because I don’t live in Liverpool, let alone England? Well mate, I’ve got 2 simple words for you F**K You! I love Liverpool FC, buy their merchandise, own a season ticket (although as you state, I don’t go to their home games) and am a member of their website. I also support Basingstoke Town, are they small enough for you? It’s people like you that give the English their winging reputation around the world. Just be happy that your competition is loved by billions of people, your nation is on display for the world to see, you should be proud of that, but no, you’re too busy crying into your warm beer that ‘foreigners’ are watching your league. Grow up you small minded little boy.

Hi

Thanks

They haven't spend very much though have they? Theres absolutely no guarantee of them doing so either when no one wants to join them.

Mate I live in Australia, but since I was little kid I’ve supported Liverpool because I loved watching Ian Rush play, but you’re saying that I’m not a real fan because I don’t live in Liverpool, let alone England? Well mate, I’ve got 2 simple words for you F**K You! I love Liverpool FC, buy their merchandise, own a season ticket (although as you state, I don’t go to their home games) and am a member of their website. I also support Basingstoke Town, are they small enough for you? It’s people like you that give the English their winging reputation around the world. Just be happy that your competition is loved by billions of people, your nation is on display for the world to see, you should be proud of that, but no, you’re too busy crying into your warm beer that ‘foreigners’ are watching your league. Grow up you small minded little boy.

im not just mentioning "foreigners" watching the league, i also mentioned people from england doing the same so your "small minded" criticism is hardly accurate. i dont see how anyone who has never been to a game and has no links to an area can possibly "love" a club. Someone who likes liverpool because they liked watching ian rush can hardly claim to be as big a fan as someone like the bristol lad above who goes home and away to watch their team and is passionate about the area they represent- that is, after all, what football is, clubs representing their area.

When it gets to the stage that plastic fans who have never been to a game are helping, indirectly, to put many towns clubs into extinction you have to realise that football has its priorities all wrong. If someone, from abroad or from england, who has never been to a game claims to "love" manchester united as much as someone from Rochdale who goes home and away to support their home town club they deserve to be laughed at. I love my club, and a major reason for this is because it represents my city, a city that i love and that i would die for. Without the links to the city, Sunderland AFC would simply be another company selling a product- it wouldnt mean anything like as much to me, id probably only choose between the different companies on the strength of something pathetic like the fact that i think one player is good to watch

All this glory supporting is bull crap, i'm from down south and i support Manchester United, but oo i don't support a local team? I was born in norway, lived there for one year, then moved to belgium, what on earth consititutes a local team for me? Who am i to support? Andover? swindon? why the hell would i settle for for such crap? Just because they're local means i should support them?! If you had to settle between two cars, one top of the range, best car in the world, the other a heap of crap that barely get's from a to b, but it's made from where you from and its local? which one would you choose?

All this glory supporting is bull crap, i'm from down south and i support Manchester United, but oo i don't support a local team? I was born in norway, lived there for one year, then moved to belgium, what on earth consititutes a local team for me? Who am i to support? Andover? swindon? why the hell would i settle for for such crap? Just because they're local means i should support them?! If you had to settle between two cars, one top of the range, best car in the world, the other a heap of crap that barely get's from a to b, but it's made from where you from and its local? which one would you choose?

Support your "local" team, who is nearest to you now? Or who was in norway? or in belgium? Any of these 3 would be better than supporting a team you have NO connection to! I've never heard a such blatant gloryhunter in all my puff!! Its not about supporting the biggest or the best, its about where you are from and who you have ties with! :thup:

Do you support any teams in Australia or teams from England? Have you ever been to a football match ? And Kaka goin to Man City would be another nail in the coffin for FOOTBALL not just English football.

Let me answer this for you Sup0rduoerie9r8e90ruidifjdofkj.

I would say if I was in your position I would have supported a team from where I was born in Norway, or more likely a Belgium.And using you terrible analogy would it also be ok for an English fan to support Spain, Brazil or Italy? Why should I settle for mediocre, lacklusture England when I can have the top of the range Spanish national side !

Support your "local" team, who is nearest to you now? Or who was in norway? or in belgium? Any of these 3 would be better than supporting a team you have NO connection to! I've never heard a such blatant gloryhunter in all my puff!! Its not about supporting the biggest or the best, its about where you are from and who you have ties with! :thup:

spot on!:D

but surely football is about more than simply "supporting" a good team and watching them win things? Football should be about going with your mates to watch your side play- have a few to drink, have some banter on the terraces, travel the country, generally just have a good time. I'd get sick of watching "my team" winning all the time on the television. I have a mate who supports manchester united but never goes to games and when they last won the fa cup, he hardly celebrated, it didnt mean much to him. Maybe im the only one, but id much rather have all the enjoyment of travelling away from home to watch my team, even if we do lose a lot of the time and if we ever do win anything, it will mean so much to me, more than any glory supporting fan could ever imagine.

Just ask the portsmouth fans who, after years of relative mediocrity, won the fa cup- if you sit watching man utd on tele and think your teams victories feel anything like portsmouths did for their fans you are wrong. The feeling I got at west ham away when sunderland, having been the worst premier league team in history, sealed the championship title with a win from 1-0 down at west ham was amazing and no one who watches all their teams games on TV and has no links to an area will ever feel like that. Its putting up with the cr*p and finally winning a cup, or getting a good away win when you've travelled down, been on the drink for hours and been getting abuse from the home fans from the minute you got off the train, that makes it all worthwhile. Our fans stripping off and dancingin the fountains at trafalgar square after the west ham game, thats what football is all about.

Unfortunately, for many fans this will never be possible because their clubs are getting forced out of existence because of the obscene amounts of money coming into the top level due to people who want to sit on the sofa eating a bag of crisps and clapping slightly when man united score yet another goal. Try telling the fans of clubs like stockport that their going out of existence doesnt matter because "they're crap". When clubs go to the wall and anyone wanting to actually attend a game with their kid has to pay £80 to sit in a sanitised stadium with stewards throwing you out if you stand up or swear then football will officially be dead- but hey, at least you'll be able to watch a game on your television eh!

**** it, i realise this thread is going off topic so i'll leave it there- i'm off to think about sliding down the mud at barnsley and seeing a bloke in a mankini dancing like a lunatic when kenwyne scored the equaliser at middlesbrough

Man City, if simply given more money, would be a bad thing. Its not handled well at the moment (the club just hoover up every player and often do not select them for the first team). If its proven Man City are going to spend gazillions (the Kaka transfer would be, if true, absolutely mental and I sense Hughes would say the same thing privately) then that should be worked into the game for FM2010. At the moment it doesnt work properly and in some ways lowers the realism within the game. The club buys without any sense.

Do you support any teams in Australia or teams from England? Have you ever been to a football match ? And Kaka goin to Man City would be another nail in the coffin for FOOTBALL not just English football.

No, I call myself SydFC4ever because it sounds good, nob. yes, I do support my local team: Sydney FC. I am a member of this club too, and do watch them play when they are in New South Wales. Travelling to away games it a bit harder in Australia due to it being just a bit bigger than England. Also, Sydney FC is a new team in a new league (only in it's 4th season), my original local club, Canberra Cosmos (which I did go see a lot), were folded by our governing body when i was a teenager.

I do not believe that just because you are born in a town makes you a bigger supporter of the club than someone in a foreign country who watches every game they can on TV, when they actually get the chance to go to the country of their team their highlight is actually getting to see a game live. I've been to Anfield, I lived near Leeds for a while and used to drive to Liverpool when I could, but I was already a die-hard fan before this happened.

This belief that it's my team coz I live here, you can sod off, is a prime example of the small mindedness that is rampant across the world today (yes, I do include Australia)

It is through my support of Liverpool that I grew to love sides like Crewe (discovered they were a feeder club) and Rushden (saw them play Crewe in a cup game and thought they were good to watch). I can understand frustration when people support Man U & Chelski (and lately Man City) because they are the only clubs they have heard off and no nothing about the league, but they are becoming rarer lately. Football is a world game and should be embraced as so

Have to say this is probably the only sensible post in this thread.

Who do people think they are to question someones loyalty to a team based only on the fact they arent from the area - people are entitiled to interpret football as they see fit. They dont need village idiots dictating to them what makes a true fan.

Who do people think they are to question someones loyalty to a team based only on the fact they arent from the area - people are entitiled to interpret football as they see fit. They dont need village idiots dictating to them what makes a true fan.

Yeah, I completely agree. Just because you are not from an area does not mean you are not loyal to a team. They just see some people that are "glory supporters" and they paint everyone else not from the area but support the team there with the same brush.

I have supported man city since the early 90's.. I live in Australia and in a town that doesn't have a football club ie Canberra.. but I lived in Queensland when the a-league started up does that mean because I also support queensland roar.. I have to travel 1200km to watch them live every home game to be a true fan.. people should support who they want.. I did support the Canberra Cosmos when they were in the NSL but they folded as many clubs did..

As for the money part of the topic Man city finances are done reasonably well they just spent 90 million on 2 players in my game.. but since they have a sugar daddy they are likely to get extra funds for kaka style bids

you think that post was sensible that just shows whats wrong with football today i completely agree with one of the above posters saying that you should support your local team because every teams different and every team represents there local area like my beloved west ham united they represent east London so well because the team like the area is so hard working and down to earth.

whereas if you just sit in front of the tv supporting man u when you've never even been to old trafford let alone Manchester is just ludicrous because before tv came along and to an extent before sky came along everyone supported there local team which in imo is how it should be.

and to the poster who said that winning will never feel as good if you support man u or chelski or the like as winning does when you support your local team i want to point out to them that half the fun of football is drowning your sorrows after a really unlucky defeat.

ill give an example to all you people and ill use the 2006 fa cup final which west ham was in for the first time in my life finally a bit of success for my team, i remember listening to the semi final vs man city i believe, right at that time i had a serious illness called crohns disease and my stomach was in so much agony i couldnt get outta bed 4 weeks anyway im listening to the game when we score what turned out to be the winning goal and i jumped outta me bed even though i was in agony and this led to me going into hospital. so anyway getting back to the 06 cup final i traveled down to my home town London to watch the game with my family and we decorated the front room in all mine and my dads old west ham memrobilla and i watched sky sports news all day watching the players walking round Cardiff and then the game itself started and we went 2-0 up early it was the best feeling ever but then when Steven Gerrard scored that goal in the last minute to take it to extra time i cried my eyes out because i just knew then that after all that it wasent going to be our year.

now to all you glory hunters whens the last time a game brought out that kind of emotion in any off you i rest my case.

you think that post was sensible that just shows whats wrong with football today i completely agree with one of the above posters saying that you should support your local team because every teams different and every team represents there local area like my beloved west ham united they represent east London so well because the team like the area is so hard working and down to earth.

whereas if you just sit in front of the tv supporting man u when you've never even been to old trafford let alone Manchester is just ludicrous because before tv came along and to an extent before sky came along everyone supported there local team which in imo is how it should be.

and to the poster who said that winning will never feel as good if you support man u or chelski or the like as winning does when you support your local team i want to point out to them that half the fun of football is drowning your sorrows after a really unlucky defeat.

ill give an example to all you people and ill use the 2006 fa cup final which west ham was in for the first time in my life finally a bit of success for my team, i remember listening to the semi final vs man city i believe, right at that time i had a serious illness called crohns disease and my stomach was in so much agony i couldnt get outta bed 4 weeks anyway im listening to the game when we score what turned out to be the winning goal and i jumped outta me bed even though i was in agony and this led to me going into hospital. so anyway getting back to the 06 cup final i traveled down to my home town London to watch the game with my family and we decorated the front room in all mine and my dads old west ham memrobilla and i watched sky sports news all day watching the players walking round Cardiff and then the game itself started and we went 2-0 up early it was the best feeling ever but then when Steven Gerrard scored that goal in the last minute to take it to extra time i cried my eyes out because i just knew then that after all that it wasent going to be our year.

now to all you glory hunters whens the last time a game brought out that kind of emotion in any off you i rest my case.

Yeah I agree with you cockyhammer to an extent. However just because there are some glory hunters it does not mean everyone is like that.

I am a United supporter and always watch their games on TV. It takes priority over virtually everything. When I was younger I got my room decorated with United wallpaper and so on and my room is still like that. I buy every United jersey each season including the away and 3rd kits. I remember both Champions League Finals when my emotions were running high. In 1999 I was just about to burst into tears before they got that equaliser. Last season I could not watch the penalty shootout as I was really nervous and I was literally praying that John Terry would miss that penalty. Also I watch Sky Sports News all day for the build up before big matches like when United are in the Cup final or in the latter stages of the Champions League.

I understand what you are saying but not all people are like that.

As a Liverpool supporter I was on the other end of that final. The game was played at around 5 in the morning here, yet there were nearly 25 people crammed into my living room, fans of all different sides, yet all lovers of the game. I screamed, cursed, cried, and yelled in jubilation so much that i was exhausted! All this after the CL final when we did the same to Milan, again a game played at 5 in the morning, shown at my place with my friends, family, fellow football lovers in attendance, at 3-nil down I was even thinking of reaching for the bourbon!

I don't want to get into an argument about who is the bigger supporter, I just don't like being labelled a glory hunter, or not a real fan just because I'm not a scouser.

When was the last time you got up at 4 in the morning to watch a game? When is the last time you stayed up until 2am on a Monday morning just to see your team play a regular league game? Then go to work at 6am?

so cockhunter, i mean cockyhammer, your turn.

Yeah I agree with you cockyhammer to an extent. However just because there are some glory hunters it does not mean everyone is like that.

I am a United supporter and always watch their games on TV. It takes priority over virtually everything. When I was younger I got my room decorated with United wallpaper and so on and my room is still like that. I buy every United jersey each season including the away and 3rd kits. I remember both Champions League Finals when my emotions were running high. In 1999 I was just about to burst into tears before they got that equaliser. Last season I could not watch the penalty shootout as I was really nervous and I was literally praying that John Terry would miss that penalty. Also I watch Sky Sports News all day for the build up before big matches like when United are in the Cup final or in the latter stages of the Champions League.

I understand what you are saying but not all people are like that.

i was never saying that everyones like that i was just saying that thats how football should be in my opinion an was trying to make the point that if you are a glory hunter football just wont be the same for ya as your missing out on half (or in my case most seeing as how i support west ham) the fun.

and i never meant anyone in particular just in my opinion you should support your local team or the team from where you grew up.

and also like an above poster pointed out the fun of football is traveling to an away game with your mates well i traveled all the way to wales (on my own as mates had work) to watch my new local team in the last game of the season where if we won wed get promoted to the blue square north and that was probably my favorite ever football experience as north wales was basked in sunshine and every one was dressed up and it was a major party and the feeling at the end when we won and every rushed on the pitch to celebrate with our players was just amazing and then after the game getting to stop and talk with the players at the service station was just amazing. now thats an experience that all glory hunters wont of had.

Unfortunately' date=' for many fans this will never be possible because their clubs are getting forced out of existence because of the obscene amounts of money coming into the top level due to people who want to sit on the sofa eating a bag of crisps and clapping slightly when man united score yet another goal. Try telling the fans of clubs like stockport that their going out of existence doesnt matter because "they're crap". When clubs go to the wall and anyone wanting to actually attend a game with their kid has to pay £80 to sit in a sanitised stadium with stewards throwing you out if you stand up or swear then football will officially be dead- but hey, at least you'll be able to watch a game on your television eh![/quote']

Have you ever considered that the reason why lower league clubs go out of existance is because they are not financially prudent? If you don't get 20,000 people going to your home games then don't spend as if you are, it is that simple. How could Stockport after being promoted to League 1 and getting the increased attendances and sponsorship/TV money that comes with it be in financial difficulty if they were not grossly overspending while they were in League 2? That must be some terrible budgeting going on there.

To take another example, Rotherham United having recently come out of administration are now signing new players offering higher wages than other teams in their division. As a supporter of a team that is in the same division, how am I supposed to have any sympathy for the club (I am not talking about the fans here) if they were to go into administration again?

Hopefully, your scenario will not happen because some lower league clubs are able to run their finances properly.

i was never saying that everyones like that i was just saying that thats how football should be in my opinion an was trying to make the point that if you are a glory hunter football just wont be the same for ya as your missing out on half (or in my case most seeing as how i support west ham) the fun.

and i never meant anyone in particular just in my opinion you should support your local team or the team from where you grew up.

and also like an above poster pointed out the fun of football is traveling to an away game with your mates well i traveled all the way to wales (on my own as mates had work) to watch my new local team in the last game of the season where if we won wed get promoted to the blue square north and that was probably my favorite ever football experience as north wales was basked in sunshine and every one was dressed up and it was a major party and the feeling at the end when we won and every rushed on the pitch to celebrate with our players was just amazing and then after the game getting to stop and talk with the players at the service station was just amazing. now thats an experience that all glory hunters wont of had.

But you said this: "whereas if you just sit in front of the tv supporting man u when you've never even been to old trafford let alone Manchester is just ludicrous"

I fall into that category but that does not mean I am not a true fan and I assume others feel the same way whoever they support.

By the way just to let you know I would love to go to Old Trafford in the future though.

i know what you mean about local team and all that but i don't think many people choose who they support. I think the team chooses them. And with tv showing so much man utd, chelsea and arsenal etc. games then a lot of people get chosen by them. For me i was taken to a barnsley game as a clueless six year old and have been a season ticket holder since (and they are my local team). I also agree that 'armchair supporters' will never feel the way 'real fans' do. Like last season when we beat liverpool, that was a moment i will never forget and i will also never forget beating chelsea or losing to cardiff at wembley. People might think they experience the same things as us but no way can jumping around your living room compare to jumping around anfield and celebrating with people you don't even know. Days like that for clubs like ours are incredible and i might never see something like that happen to barnsley again. Manchester utd will be in contention for the premier league and champions league every season and as good as that might be it must lead to fans becoming too expectant and not appreciating the success they are having.

I love my club and love going to watch them. If they're on tv it doesn't enter my mind to stay in and watch it

Archived