stupid way of dealing with budget

Normally in football, the money set aside for transfers will not affect the overall bank balance unless you ask for more money, because they have already withdrawn the money to give to you for transfers. So it gets kind of frustrating around january and august when you spend your transfer budget, end up getting in the red for ages and not getting a huge amount of support from the board over how much money they have been losing. If I'm wrong, can someone correct me? Because I thought that was the way clubs dealt with their money.

No matter which way you slice if you spend 30 mil it is gone and bank balance will show it, so I don't really see your point.

If you cannot afford to spend all of your cash in single payments without causing short term financial distress then spread the payments out over 12 or 24 months. A lot of transfers are setup this way IRL. You will occasionally hear a team requesting the full fee in a single payment but more often than not it will be spread out for cash flow reasons.

Archived