'yet to see a return from the money spent this season'.....what does it mean?

It means that you have spent all of the money the board are willing to give, and haven't earned anything which can be paid back.

For example, if you play for 6 months, and get huge gate receipts and shirt sales etc., then you will get more money to spend...

After being promoted to the Premiership, after being predicted a mid table finish, my bank balance went from ~£3mil to ~£29mil and the board still said they have yet to see any return when I ask for more money. Thanks a lot, board, maybe I'll just take that £26mil back myself if it means so little to you.

I find it very annoying as a response. In previous games I have spent all my transfer funds and won things like the League Cup and the Board still stay that. Board interaction needs to be reviewed next time out.

Depending on the chairman's personality it might be useful to have a meeting once a wekk as a lot of clubs do with the manager to discuss various topics including transfers, results and specific players.

i like the idea about meeting with the chairman. I also think that the transfer budget should be a bit more flexible- i can fully understand a club setting a budget of, say, £5,000,000- but it would be good if i could seek "special dispensation" to sign someone who might cost £5,200,000. This would involve going to the board request section and asking for extra money to be made available not just in general (as is currently the case) but specifically for one player. The board (if they are good enough to listen to your request) would then evaluate, through asking coaches and scouts etc about the player, whether the player is likely to make a big enough difference to be worth going slightly over budget.

Something a bit similar already happens when certain rich chairmen tell the manager to sign a big name player, even if it means going over the transfer budget- it would be good to see it used, on occasions, for smaller clubs as well as there is nothing worse than being told you are £20,000 short of being able to buy a great player who would be a huge asset, despite having plenty of money in the bank. IRL im sure most managers could ask for a little bit extra if they had a specific, good, target in mind

Archived