Individual tactics suggestion

When in the tactics screen -> individual instructions, I'd like to see a box for "lock player instructions", similar to Eastside Hockey Manager. This would allow me to drop a player into a game at any time, and have his individual instructions already issued. When I want to sub out a defensive midfielder and replace him with an attacking one, it's quite tedious to change a dozen or so instructions.

Surely, this could be possible?

I whole heartedly agree :thup:

I think that you should be able to assign one or more 'tactical frameworks' to each player and swap them in and out quickly. So, for example, I could drop Luis Figo in on the right wing and give him his 'get to the byline and cross' instructions. Then, at half time, if I fancy changing things around, I could move him to the left wing and give him his 'cut inside and play the striker in' instructions.

It would also help players switching positions - they would take their instructions with them rather than use the 'position's' instructions, which are often unsuitable for the player.

Sounds like a great idea, I'd also like the OI to stay as you have put them even if you change your tactics half-way through a game! It's so annoying to have to keep changing them as you react to the AI manager changing his tactics!

yeah, ive been wanting for this for ages

its pain staking to have to change player settings every time you make a sub

ideally id like to see different 'profiles' for each player, say you bring him on to defend a lead then id like to pick the 'defensive profile' that id built or if i was pushing for an equaliser id obviously select the 'attacking profile'

itd save so much time

EHM didn't have a 3D engine.

I think the game failed because they never promoted it in Canada...I'm in Toronto, and I only knew about the game because of FM/SI Games. I never saw a single advert. Every person I've showed it to thought it was awesome...so why no marketing, in the craziest hockey market on the planet?

I have now participated in hijacking my own thread...

The easiest way (I've mentioned this in the past) is to have saveable player instruction profiles where the current fixed ones 'Set to' are.

As far as tactics go I think they should be altered in the future to things like 'retain possession', 'release ball quckly', 'play ball on the ground', 'high balls', etc. These options may exist already in a not-so-obvious form like short passing, hold ball up, target man to feet, to head, etc. I think tactics need a revamp though.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread TorBliz1, but, responding to what you wrote about EHM, I do dream of the day that EHM resurrects itself with the depth of FM09, and EHM is advertised and promoted in hockey markets.

It would make a lot of sales and be a money-maker.

Now back to 'Individual Tactics Suggestion'.

Archived