A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2008 Training Schedules

Introduction

I've decided to continue building and modifying the existing training schedules, and have recently finished work on a new set of schedules that in some cases differ extensively from the ones included in the FM2007 download that was released last year.

Features

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A total of 75 training schedules, covering full-time, part-time and youth categories;

<LI>All of the original training schedules from previous download versions are included, and feature the modified pre-season training and an extra CF Shooting category;

<LI>Brand new spin-off training schedules for all categories;

<LI>Added a completely new training schedule called WB Tactics, and a spin-off called WB Tactics 2.

Training Schedules

Full-time Schedules

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>AM Skills - attacking midfielders

<LI>AM Skills 2 - attacking midfielders

<LI>CF Shooting - centre forwards, strikers

<LI>CF Shooting 2 - centre forwards, strikers

<LI>CF Shooting 3 - centre forwards, strikers

<LI>CH Tactics - centre halves, central defenders, sweepers

<LI>CH Tactics 2 - centre halves, central defenders, sweepers

<LI>CM Skills - central midfielders

<LI>CM Skills 2 - central midfielders

<LI>DM Skills - defensive midfielders

<LI>DM Skills 2 - defensive midfielders

<LI>FB Tactics - fullbacks

<LI>FB Tactics 2 - fullbacks

<LI>GK - goalkeepers

<LI>GK 2 - goalkeepers

<LI>GK Fitness - goalkeeper fitness bias

<LI>GK Fitness 2 - goalkeeper fitness bias

<LI>GK Pre-Season - goalkeeper pre-season

<LI>GK Pre-Season 2 - goalkeeper pre-season

<LI>None - long-term injuries (red inj icon)

<LI>OF Fitness - outfield fitness bias

<LI>OF Fitness 2 - outfield fitness bias

<LI>OF Pre-Season - outfield pre-season

<LI>OF Pre-Season 2 - outfield pre-season

<LI>Recovery - recovering from injuries (orange inj icon)

<LI>W Skills - wingers

<LI>W Skills 2 - wingers

<LI>WB Tactics - wingbacks

<LI>WB Tactics 2 - wingbacks

Part-time Schedules

<LI>GK - goalkeepers

<LI>GK 2 - goalkeepers

<LI>W Skills - wingers

<LI>W Skills 2 - wingers

Youth Schedules

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>GK

<LI>GK 2

<LI>GK Fitness

<LI>GK Fitness 2

<LI>GK Pre-Season

<LI>GK Pre-Season 2

<LI>None

<LI>OF Fitness

<LI>OF Fitness 2

<LI>OF Pre-Season

<LI>OF Pre-Season 2

<LI>Recovery

<LI>Shooting

<LI>Shooting 2

<LI>Skills

<LI>Skills 2

<LI>Tactics

<LI>Tactics 2

Notes

The youth schedules may seem fairly sparse compared to the other two types, but as youth players are still developing whilst they are training, a sense of balance has been given to encourage development in other areas. If you look at it from another angle, once a youth player is given a part or full time contract, you can 'mould' a player into a particular position after he has completed his youth development.

Additionally, the youth schedules have been left fairly open-ended and overlap with one another more considerably than the full-time or part-time ones. For example, You may believe a player is more suited to a completely different type of youth schedule than what his default playing position(s) may suggest, based upon his developing attributes.

Download mirrors

Download mirror 1 @ fmdownloads.net

Download mirror 2 @ filefront.com

Installation

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Download the ZIP file containing the training schedules to your computer, EG desktop.

<LI>Unzip the ZIP file contents using a program such as WINZIP (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) for example.

<LI>Browse to the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

NB: where "Your Name" is the name of your computer.

<LI>Now copy and paste the unzipped schedules folder into this directory, replacing the existing folder if one is already present - note this will delete any existing schedules you have downloaded.

<LI>Alternatively, copy and paste each training schedule (.TSH extension) into your schedules directory folder - note this will prevent deletion of any existing schedules you have downloaded.

<LI>Now run FM2008, goto training and (if necessary) import the training schedules you've placed in your schedules directory folder.

Related Topic

Previous versions can be found in the link below:

A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2007 Training Schedules

Thanks.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Introduction

I've decided to continue building and modifying the existing training schedules, and have recently finished work on a new set of schedules that in some cases differ extensively from the ones included in the FM2007 download that was released last year.

Features

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A total of 75 training schedules, covering full-time, part-time and youth categories;

<LI>All of the original training schedules from previous download versions are included, and feature the modified pre-season training and an extra CF Shooting category;

<LI>Brand new spin-off training schedules for all categories;

<LI>Added a completely new training schedule called WB Tactics, and a spin-off called WB Tactics 2.

Training Schedules

Full-time Schedules

<LI>CF Shooting 3 - centre forwards, strikers

<LI>GK - goalkeepers

<LI>GK 2 - goalkeepers

<LI>W Skills - wingers

<LI>W Skills 2 - wingers

Part-time Schedules

<LI>GK - goalkeepers

<LI>GK 2 - goalkeepers

<LI>W Skills - wingers

<LI>W Skills 2 - wingers

Youth Schedules

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>GK

<LI>GK 2

<LI>GK Fitness

<LI>GK Fitness 2

<LI>GK Pre-Season

<LI>GK Pre-Season 2

<LI>None

<LI>OF Fitness

<LI>OF Fitness 2

<LI>OF Pre-Season

<LI>OF Pre-Season 2

<LI>Recovery

<LI>Shooting

<LI>Shooting 2

<LI>Skills

<LI>Skills 2

<LI>Tactics

<LI>Tactics 2

Notes

The youth schedules may seem fairly sparse compared to the other two types, but as youth players are still developing whilst they are training, a sense of balance has been given to encourage development in other areas. If you look at it from another angle, once a youth player is given a part or full time contract, you can 'mould' a player into a particular position after he has completed his youth development.

Additionally, the youth schedules have been left fairly open-ended and overlap with one another more considerably than the full-time or part-time ones. For example, You may believe a player is more suited to a completely different type of youth schedule than what his default playing position(s) may suggest, based upon his developing attributes.

Download mirrors

Download mirror 1 @ fmdownloads.net

Download mirror 2 @ filefront.com

Installation

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Download the ZIP file containing the training schedules to your computer, EG desktop.

<LI>Unzip the ZIP file contents using a program such as WINZIP (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) for example.

<LI>Browse to the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

NB: where "Your Name" is the name of your computer.

<LI>Now copy and paste the unzipped schedules folder into this directory, replacing the existing folder if one is already present - note this will delete any existing schedules you have downloaded.

<LI>Alternatively, copy and paste each training schedule (.TSH extension) into your schedules directory folder - note this will prevent deletion of any existing schedules you have downloaded.

<LI>Now run FM2008, goto training and (if necessary) import the training schedules you've placed in your schedules directory folder.

Related Topic

Previous versions can be found in the link below:

A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2007 Training Schedules

Thanks.

Thanks for the continued interest and support icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Mackem:

Nice one - well worth a go after last years excellence!

You aint got ones that are mac compatable have you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does MAC support .TSH extentions? Can you give me some sort of an outline of the differences between MACs and PCs since I know next to nothing about MACs icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by afeckingname:

i have no idea how you got into training so much but jesus well done on this!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question, neither do I icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

Holy moly...what a lot of schedules..good work, though I would have loved to hear your thoughts on training as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this topic or others mate? Can you post a few links if needs be please? Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

We can do it in this topic though there is a good discussion going on in the training thread which i started. Not many good training experts here apart from yourself, asmo and faeron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that depends on what you want? Some people prefer 75 schedules, while others survive with less complicated schedules, and some don't even bother... icon_wink.gif

Just can't see the need of making everything more complex and time-consuming, as the game already takes hours to play...

..That is not to say this guy didn't put a great lot of work and effort making these schedules, thumbs up for that icon14.gif !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by |maze|:

We can do it in this topic though there is a good discussion going on in the training thread which i started. Not many good training experts here apart from yourself, asmo and faeron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that depends on what you want? Some people prefer 75 schedules, while others survive with less complicated schedules, and some don't even bother... icon_wink.gif

Just can't see the need of making everything more complex and time-consuming, as the game already takes hours to play...

..That is not to say this guy didn't put a great lot of work and effort making these schedules, thumbs up for that icon14.gif ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Rashidi, I will breakdown my ideas behind the schedules sometime soon in this topic. I've read your in-depth topic about your experiences of training in FM2008 and how it differs from FM2007; there is some very useful information in that topic icon14.gif Tbh, I've never used the editor or other tools to assess CA & PA, I've always worked from direct results based on a schedule's design. Perhaps schedule design can be also broken down here as well, so that others can learn how to build personally customised schedules for griups of players, or individuals within the squad.

Thanks |maze|, you're doing a fine job with your research into matt's training schedules, as well as the other ones you have suggested that they be combined with to maximise training performances. Keep up the good work icon14.gif

Actually I now prefer a heavily customised schedule for my team, the effects are much more obvious, I am now seeing improvements in all areas for all players across the whole season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really need to start a new game for FM2008 and see how training has been altered since the last version. The only main experience I've had with this version so far was the Strawberry Demo with Barca. I'm assuming things have been modified again since that demo version release.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlyBelle:

On some of the schedules you have _2 and _3. What are the differences? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once you've imported all the schedules into the training section, you can see the visible differences between each schedule by selecting each alternative in turn. Basically, many of the _2 and the sole _3 feature less intensity on strength and aerobic training, and more on the other areas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

I don't get what how you decide what player gets what schedule. I mean, you've put CM Skills and CM Skills 2 so who gets what???

Confusing to say the least icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've broadened the amount of schedules to give some alternatives. Perhaps you may change the schedules through the season, or you may want more specific scheules for individuals rather than groups of players.

Analysis of position-based training schedules

In order to design and build training schedules based upon playing positions, we must look at the features of each position; basically what key activities are involved. Here are some rough illustrations:-

Goalkeepers

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: keepers are generally heavier than outfield players, mainly because many goalkeepers are taller than the outfield, but this is not always the case. Smaller goalkeepers may be more agile due to their lighter weight and lower centre of gravity, and may therefore pull-off more acrobatic and reflex saves. A taller keeper may have the natural advantage of defending the goal as he has a greater reach span, but due to weight issues may not be able to get down quickly to make a directional save; it all depends on reflexes and agility rather than pace and stamina in this case (although acceleration is required to enable a keeper to come off his line and win the ball in a one-on-one for example). Also, jumping is an important part of any goalkeeper’s game, as he will need to rise above defenders and collect the ball cleanly, or if under pressure, to parry it away to safety.

<LI>Mental: this is crucial to the keeper’s place in the side; he needs to be able to concentrate during the match, and then from here decide what action is required dependent upon the circumstance. The decision will ultimately affect the goalkeeper’s positioning – they need to continually know where the goal is in relation to them so they can adjust accordingly. Reading the game is important for a goalkeeper; should he move out and clear the ball in a one-on-one, catch or punch, kick or throw, save using hands or legs?

<LI>Technical: this needs to be tied-in with the other two areas. For example, a goalkeeper makes a decision to save the ball, and this is influenced by his physical condition and technical abilities. Eccentricity can ultimately affect the scoreline of a match; if a keeper decides to attempt the incredible, but gets it totally wrong, the opposition may take advantage. However, eccentricity can also influence a player’s technical ability in the way he makes a diving save toward the top corner for example – if he didn’t have the eccentricity to attempt the save then it wouldn’t have happened in the first place. So you can see how eccentricity can be positive and negative.

Fullbacks

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: having the energy to cover extensive distances of the pitch, such as down the channels, down the wings towards the byline, tracking back, filling in for teammates when attacking from set piece situations, continuous closing down when not in possession. Stamina, acceleration and pace are required in order to deal with or create situations that occur during a match. The ability to move off the mark quickly and close the opposing player down (with the ball) is necessary to reduce the opposition's chances of creating a move. Likewise, having the pace to move away from markers and move into positions off the ball and into space in order to start a possible move is required.

<LI>Mental: fullbacks need to be able to position themselves where they are required during a match. As they form part of the backline, if they are caught out of position by an opposing winger (or player in a free role) then they are putting more pressure upon the centrehalves to deal with the situation. This will force the centrehalve(s) into making a decision - close the opponent down, or stay with the player they are marking. Marking will be determined by the nature of the tactics; are fullbacks encouraged to get forward and support attacks with greater freedom, or to stay in a solid backline formation with greater emphasis on marking and closing-down?

<LI>Set pieces: first thing that comes to mind are throw-ins. Also think about corners and whether sufficient cover is available to deal with the opposition striker who has been left up front - possibly set a DM to 'back if needed'? Another one is putting fullbacks on each goalpost when defending against set pieces. Crossing may be required if the fullback gets into a position where he can cross the ball into the area.

Wingbacks

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: any type of wide player with defensive / offensive responsibilities must have sufficient stamina to cover the likely distances. Depending on tactics, he may be the sole provider of natural width to the team, covering areas slightly higher up the field than a fullback, and getting into positions a winger would frequently move into. Players with poorer stamina are more likely to get caught out of position or make mistakes, and this may prove extremely costly towards the end of a match. Again, acceleration and pace are required to give the speed advantage to the player over his opponents. However, this may be more the case with a wingback, due to the nature of his position; he will be more likely to make attacking runs from all positions out wide than a fullback. Wingbacks are a hybrid of the fullback and winger, and attempt to take the strengths from each – high workrate and teamwork is essential for this role.

<LI>Technical: greater emphasis on a wingback’s technical ability is required as he will be expected to run for prolonged periods with the ball in order to create or identify an opportunity. For example, dribbling, ball control, first touch, passing, crosses.

<LI>Mental: a more relaxed mentality should be given to wingbacks in order for them to perform their roles capably. This may include less marking, possibly zonal to allow for greater freedom, individual decision making and anticipation abilities.

Centrehalves

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: a combination of strength, jumping, stamina, pace and balance. A centrehalf should look to out-muscle an opponent if he lacks pace. Aerial domination is another advantage. Also height can be important regarding aerial ability.

<LI>Mental: depends on tactics, playing tight marking is ideal if you want to limit creative opposition attacks, and requires good marking, positioning, anticipation, tackling, jumping, heading, pace. However, the most creative players may be able to overcome centrehalves on tight marking. Zonal can be more risky, as it allows the opposition more time and space, with defenders dealing with players that enter their ‘zone’ on the pitch as and when. However, it allows centrehalves to make their own decisions, which they should excel at in order to perform zonal marking.

<LI>Technical: centrehalves can get away with many technical abilities, although the more they excel in the better. Key ones are tackling, marking, heading. Others can include passing, first touch, technique.

<LI>Set pieces: centrehalves should always be up to attack corners, as they generally have the best aerial abilities. Same applies for attacking free kicks.

Defensive Midfielders

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Stamina: perhaps the most important attribute for a holding player. He will be expected to work hard in the engine room of midfield, protecting the backline and linking up the play at the same time.

<LI>Technical: similar in nature to a centrehalf, such as tackling, marking, positioning, anticipation. However, passing is also important as he will need to retain possession for the team.

<LI>Mental: another key area of a DM’s game. They need to be sharp and read the game well in order to make the correct decisions.

Central Midfielders

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Technical: from this area of the pitch and forwards, the flair and talent should begin. Therefore, ball control, passing, first touch, dribbling, shooting, tackling amongst others should be considered.

<LI>Mental: midfielders may not require as much tactical awareness as defensive or offensive players, but they still require at least some in order to build moves further up the pitch. Off the ball, flair, creativity, decision making, awareness are some that need to be considered. Through balls can carve opposition defences apart.

<LI>Physical: lots of running in midfield, so pace and stamina are useful. Agility is also important. Aerial ability is a bonus, but midfielders can get by on superior technical ability.

Attacking Midfielders

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: similar to central midfielders.

<LI>Technical: players in this position tend to be the most technically gifted, and the best can influence games almost single-handedly. All technical attributes should be considered, even set pieces, and ones similar to central midfielders will be useful, although tackling, heading and marking are not essential due to the nature of the position.

<LI>Mental: as offensive players, attacking midfielders need to be creative and intelligent. The greater the player’s technical ability, the greater amount of creative freedom should be provided in order for these players to influence a game.

<LI>Physical: acceleration, pace, stamina, agility are beneficial to a technical player, especially if they excel at dribbling.

Wingers

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: wingers need to excel in stamina, pace, acceleration and agility in order to create chances for the side. The ability to lose a marker, riding tackles, and attempting mazy runs with the ball to the byline before pulling back a cross is what wing play is all about.

<LI>Technical: as with attacking midfielders, wingers need to have technical ability in order to succeed. Dribbling, technique, first touch, passing, crossing are some of the most important factors.

<LI>Set pieces: wingers need to be able to cross a ball; otherwise their ability may be wasted if the end product is unsatisfactory. Throw-ins, free-kicks, corners are also relevant.

<LI>Mental: similar to attacking midfielders. Free roles should be considered for wingers and attacking midfielders if they excel in terms of technical capabilities; again their abilities may be wasted if creative players are not directly involved with the game.

Strikers

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Physical: dependent upon tactics. For example, a tall, powerful target man; a fast, agile striker; a skilful centreforward. Generally all physical attributes.

<LI>Mental: must be able to read the game and time runs onto through balls to perfection. Off the ball, anticipation and composure are important – without these a striker may struggle to make a sustained impact on a game.

<LI>Technical: shooting, heading, first touch and technique should be the focus here. Aerial ability will give a distinct advantage against opposition centrehalves and cause problems from set pieces. A striker who can dribble can cause havoc for opposing defences, so this can be a useful technique to utilise.

hm...i cant access to fmdownloads.net, always fail to load page

and at file front, i always get this message:

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.

Click here to try your download again. Click here to try your download again.

mind to help abit? icon_smile.gif

Hmmm, you are using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox? You may need to activate Java and / or JavaScript from the Tools > Options menu as many websites now use these features. Try the download mirrors again at other times; a good time to download any filesize is early morning when internet activity is farely low.

If you're still having problems let me know, thanks.

hm...i using both firefox and IE to try

both also failed.....

i had enabled java for both IE and firefox d

well, sometimes i do get this message too:

There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

If you need further help with a download, please contact FileFront support.

hm...i had try several times to download it d, but all seems to failed icon_frown.gif

Sorry. But how do i import the training schedule? I input it into the

but i cannot see it in my training schedule. How can i import it into my game. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwf:

Hi icon_smile.gif how do import a training schedule? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Training tab > Schedules dropdown > Edit Schedules > Import one-by-one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bit of a pain to import the lot one at a time, but for some reason you cannot import all schedules in bulk. Btw, you only need to import the full-time and part-time schedules into your standard (IE, default) training section; all of the youth schedules must be imported separately into the youth training section in order for them to be picked up.

Thanks.

Thanks as always for this. I've had some questions since 2007 when I first used your schedules but never really asked so here goes. Hopefully this is similar to what others are wondering and it will be helpful for everyone to get your thoughts.

1. Recovery Schedule

Is this really needed? What happens if you just leave the player on his normal schedule while he's injured?

2. Fitness schedule

I assume you apply this to all players when they return from holiday? How do you know this is working vs. just letting the players start using their normal schedules? When else would you use these - for example, what about if someone comes back from a long injury and is unfit?

3. Pre-Season schedule

When do you switch from fitness to pre-season? When do you switch from pre-season to regular (right before the first real match?) How do these help and how do they link to the pre-season and normal schedules?

B]4. #2 and #3 alternate schedules[/b]

By including these, are you suggesting that when a player has the physical statistics already maxed out, that you use these instead of focus more time on technical skills? Does the diminished physical training result in lower physical stats over time?

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Columnarius:

Thanks as always for this. I've had some questions since 2007 when I first used your schedules but never really asked so here goes. Hopefully this is similar to what others are wondering and it will be helpful for everyone to get your thoughts.

1. Recovery Schedule

Is this really needed? What happens if you just leave the player on his normal schedule while he's injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I see your point about the recovery schedule. It can be used after serious, long-term injuries where players may have broken a leg or damaged cruciate ligaments for example, and need some very light training before moving onto something a bit more intensive.

However, in past FM07 games, I've tended to move players from None straight to one of the schedules, basically skipping at the recovery stage, and this does not appear to do any long-term damage. Some players have picked up recurring injuries after doing this, put this may be more to do with their injury prone rate - this can be attained from physio reports (more info here). As mentioned, it all depends on the extent of the injury and your own judgement tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Columnarius:

2. Fitness schedule

I assume you apply this to all players when they return from holiday? How do you know this is working vs. just letting the players start using their normal schedules? When else would you use these - for example, what about if someone comes back from a long injury and is unfit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tended to use the fitness schedules in order to improve those players that are not as physically competent in the squad for short periods of time. It can be used to bias a player's training on the physical side, and is useful when implemeted with one of the standard schedules, basically rotating between the two at set intervals, try rotating each month or two for example. Be warned, however, that too much extensive fitness training may cause unecessary injuries due to the reasonably high strength and aerobic biases.

I've never used fitness schedules after holidays and before pre-season, preferring to put the players onto pre-season more or less straight away when they return. Good idea though, try it and see how you get on icon14.gif

3. Pre-Season schedule

When do you switch from fitness to pre-season? When do you switch from pre-season to regular (right before the first real match?) How do these help and how do they link to the pre-season and normal schedules? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you need to think about in pre-season is to give as many of your first team squad and reserves as possible sufficient match fitness in time for the new season. I tend to play at least 5 pre-season matches, but no more than 7; this is personal preference. I won't pick the same starting XI for each match, switching things around a bit so that everyone gets some part in the match. I also tend to make mass substituions at halftime in pre-season friendlies, sometimes changing the entire starting XI after 45 mins; the more matchtime the better for each player.

Depending upon when players return from holidays, my pre-season duration can be anything between 3-4 weeks; anything greater than may increase the possibility of injuries tbh. You don't have to throw your players straight onto pre-season as soon as they're back from holidays, but obviously the sooner you start pre-season, the sooner you can wind it down.

Most of the time I'll switch my players from pre-season to normal schedules at least 2 weeks before the start of the season in order for players to find their feet, and to avoid unecessary injuries or tiredness at the start of a campaign. Even if you have pre-season friendlies remaining, ensure your players are given normal schedules with plenty of adjustment time.

Think of pre-season as something of a shock schedule; its intents are to bring players upto full match fitness in the shortest possible time in order to minimise injury possibilites.

B]4. #2 and #3 alternate schedules[/b]

By including these, are you suggesting that when a player has the physical statistics already maxed out, that you use these instead of focus more time on technical skills? Does the diminished physical training result in lower physical stats over time?

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't extensively tested the alternative schedules (#2 and #3), so can't discuss potential declining physical attributes. However, the physical biases haven't (in many cases) fallen significantly in #2 and #3; they intend to focus on the remaining training categories. These spin-offs were designed as alternatives for individual players within a squad; choose the schedule which is most appropriate to the calibre of the player.

hey SA..yeah..i also notice that there are numbers besides some schedules..what are they suppose to mean?and,is it that we can only choose one schedule out of the many u have placed in?If yes,how do i improve the player all round?since onli one schedule can be used at any one time

Thank you for al the training schedules.

But I don't know what al the schedules focus on?

As said before there are numbers behind some, but that doesn't make sense to me.

You do have different type of players yes, but could you tell me what schedule for which type of player I should use then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matthewtaylor:

how do you open zip files? do i have to pay for winzip? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winzip is freeware, which means you can download an evaluation version (trial software) free of charge. If you want to take advantage of advanced features, you must then pay for the full version, but the freeware version does all that you require tbh.

If you open winzip (double-click the ZIP file you want to extract), then choose evaluation version, you should see the toolbar. Simply click the extract button from the toolbar, then specify where you want to extract the ZIP contents to, EG desktop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matthewtaylor:

ok done it now. but what are the diff numbers next to them for? like: -

CF Shooting -

CF Shooting 2 -

CF Shooting 3 -

what one do you use? why 3 of them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chao Yang:

I'm guessing that the numbers are for different types of strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Chao has mentioned, there is more than one schedule for each position in order for you to select the most appropriate schedule dependent upon the player's current attributes. You must look at how each of the schedules changes, basically compare them against each other. For example, CF Shooting 3 has been designed for a much more technically gifted striker than that of CF Shooting, because the original CF Shooting schedule has a greater physical (strength, aerobic) bias.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aldon:

hey SA..yeah..i also notice that there are numbers besides some schedules..what are they suppose to mean?and,is it that we can only choose one schedule out of the many u have placed in?If yes,how do i improve the player all round?since onli one schedule can be used at any one time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you can only select one schedule for a set period of time. However, this doesn't stop you from changing a player's schedule after a while; after you've reviewed each player's training progress (perhaps at the end of each month), if you feel that the player would benefit from an alternate schedule, then change his existing schedule to the one you feel is the most appropriate.

The schedules are mainly based around positions, and as a result biases have been provided to each schedule based upon the activities involved with each position. There is an analysis of this earlier in this topic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freewilly9900:

Thank you for al the training schedules.

But I don't know what al the schedules focus on?

As said before there are numbers behind some, but that doesn't make sense to me.

You do have different type of players yes, but could you tell me what schedule for which type of player I should use then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a rough outline in the first post; it basically lists each schedule and advises what type of player is most suited to each training schedule.

Any more probs let me know icon14.gif

Try the fitness schedules - these focus on training strength and aerobic aspects more intensively than technique, tactical etc and should get your players' fitness upto or around 100% more quickly than if you were using another schedule. However, players may be more likely to pick up an injury when using one of the fitness schedules (0F Fitness for outfield, GK Fitness for goalkeepers) because of the increased physical intensity of the training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kazinak:

what is the difference between "center halves" and "center midfielders" ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Center halfs are your defenders, centre midfielders are your midfielders.

SA,

Last night gave your schedule about 2 weeks pre-season and perhaps 1 month regular training, so early days yet but here are some preliminary observation:

1)Pre-Season schedules: There was a perceptible increase in injuries when I switched over from my pre-season schedule.

2)Normal schedules: Alot of my players (~50%) are unhappy with the high workload. I noticed that most of the unhappy players weren't the team 'stars' so to speak. I'm guessing the player's professionalism, ambition and determination plays a part in how 'lazy' the players are when it comes to training.

3)With the high training workload my players were recovering slower after matches, so that with 3-4 days rest between matches I would only get back to 93-96% fitness levels.

Has anyone else noticed this on their team? I'm wondering whether the fact that AC Milan does not start out with top-notch training facilities has something to do with it (since SA said plays Barca and, i think, they start out with the best possible training facilities). Or perhaps the 8.01 patch slightly tweaked training so that SA's schedules are now too intense?

Thanks for all the effort though SA icon14.gif

The training might require a little tweaking on my part, but all in all you've put alot of thought into this and it shows!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vcys86:

so apart from the fitness level and injuries,

does this schedule actually improve player's stats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too early to tell (only in September). Lot's of free time tonight to play so I should know soon enough.

Archived