Closest the title race has ever been (My Arsenal story)

Am Arsenal in my game and had 5 games left to play, there were also 5 teams all still in contention for the league.

1st- Arsenal

2nd- Man U

3rd - Liverpool

4th - Tottenham

5th- Man City

All 5 teams could have won the league depending on results. Liverpool and Man U had a game in hand against one another which would be played after the last game of the season. After the first 2 games Man City and Tottenham were out of contention but with 3 games remaining and only 1 point seperating myself from Liverpool and United you were tied on points it was getting nervy.

I went into a game against Bolton away and won 3-0

Man U had Wigan at Home and won 2-0

Liverpool had Man City at home and lost 3-2

2nd last game had me against Reading which I won 1-0

United lost 2-0 to Man City

Liverpool beat west Brom 5-0

Man U & Liverpool with 2 games to go and Myself with 1 saw the league looking like this

1st - Arsenal - 81pts

2nd - Man United - 78pts

3rd - Liverpool - 78pts

Although 4 points clear I would have to beat Newcastle (6th) away who were on a 17 game unbeaten run.

Man United met Fulham(17th) at home whilst Liverpool had Derby (19th)at Home

If i drew or lost and United and Liverpool won I would have to count on a draw beatween them two to seal the league for me.

Went into the match and found myself losing 1-0 at half time. Nasri had taken a knock so subbed on Vela to play left wing.

(Man U were winning 2-0 and Liverpool were drawing 0-0)

Second off started worse with Martins hitting the crossbar twice and tearing my defense to pieces. Subbed Aguerro off and replaced him with Walcott. 68 minutes Adebayour was hurt in the penalty area, we ended up getting the penalty but Addy had to come off. Cue Bojan's entrance.

Vela stepped up to take the penalty but missed (heartache) 90 minutes I checked on the scores (United were losing 3-2 and Liverpool were winning 3-1) Meaing that if United drew or beat Liverpool I would be champions) 7 minutes of injury time shown, right then Bojan pops up and taps one past the keeper for a corner. 1-1, but not enough to see me past Liverpool. 96 minutes Bojan breaks Newcastle's high defensive line, races towards goal and puts it in off the post.

2 injury time goals saw me win the league in the closest race i've ever had in a FM game. Thourghly enjoyed it. Will see the outcome of the United/Liverpool game tonight and also play my CL final match against Juventus

Am Arsenal in my game and had 5 games left to play, there were also 5 teams all still in contention for the league.

1st- Arsenal

2nd- Man U

3rd - Liverpool

4th - Tottenham

5th- Man City

All 5 teams could have won the league depending on results. Liverpool and Man U had a game in hand against one another which would be played after the last game of the season. After the first 2 games Man City and Tottenham were out of contention but with 3 games remaining and only 1 point seperating myself from Liverpool and United you were tied on points it was getting nervy.

I went into a game against Bolton away and won 3-0

Man U had Wigan at Home and won 2-0

Liverpool had Man City at home and lost 3-2

2nd last game had me against Reading which I won 1-0

United lost 2-0 to Man City

Liverpool beat west Brom 5-0

Man U & Liverpool with 2 games to go and Myself with 1 saw the league looking like this

1st - Arsenal - 81pts

2nd - Man United - 78pts

3rd - Liverpool - 78pts

Although 4 points clear I would have to beat Newcastle (6th) away who were on a 17 game unbeaten run.

Man United met Fulham(17th) at home whilst Liverpool had Derby (19th)at Home

If i drew or lost and United and Liverpool won I would have to count on a draw beatween them two to seal the league for me.

Went into the match and found myself losing 1-0 at half time. Nasri had taken a knock so subbed on Vela to play left wing.

(Man U were winning 2-0 and Liverpool were drawing 0-0)

Second off started worse with Martins hitting the crossbar twice and tearing my defense to pieces. Subbed Aguerro off and replaced him with Walcott. 68 minutes Adebayour was hurt in the penalty area, we ended up getting the penalty but Addy had to come off. Cue Bojan's entrance.

Vela stepped up to take the penalty but missed (heartache) 90 minutes I checked on the scores (United were losing 3-2 and Liverpool were winning 3-1) Meaing that if United drew or beat Liverpool I would be champions) 7 minutes of injury time shown, right then Bojan pops up and taps one past the keeper for a corner. 1-1, but not enough to see me past Liverpool. 96 minutes Bojan breaks Newcastle's high defensive line, races towards goal and puts it in off the post.

2 injury time goals saw me win the league in the closest race i've ever had in a FM game. Thourghly enjoyed it. Will see the outcome of the United/Liverpool game tonight and also play my CL final match against Juventus

Nice one mate sounds like a great end to the season just the way I like it and exactly what FM is all about, keep up the good work mate.

Archived