Graphics Card

I am thinking of buing a Dell which has an ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB.

I know very little about computers but think this will be sufficient for FM09. I have researched the subject but without actually trying it out I cannot commit to buying the system.

What kind of performace would this card give with 3D, and for arguments sake, other games?

Thanks.

that card seems old hat

you can get a HD3870 with 512mb for 70-80 quid and be able to play most other modern games

Personally I'd look at a custom built pc where you choose the components rather than an off the shelf PC

that card seems old hat

you can get a HD3870 with 512mb for 70-80 quid and be able to play most other modern games

Personally I'd look at a custom built pc where you choose the components rather than an off the shelf PC

I have been "buliding" a system on Dell's website but it seems that this is the only card they offer as an option.

I think there may be an option for an nVidea (spelling) 9800, I think! but again I do not know much about the subject and am finding it difficult to get side by side comparisons

Thanks again. I am in need of a new computer as my Packard Bell of 5 years has passed away. 80GB hard drive and 512MB memory - even I know how bad that is these days!

Cost over a grand at the time as well!

So that card should be ok for 3D? That is good. Won't be many other games on it but if it ever needs upgraded I may venture into that area (tentativley)

Archived