Just sold off my entire squad & replaced it!

I've just got promoted to the premiership with AFC Wimbledon and have just realised I have only kept 4 first team players from last season, sold everyone else and brought in a virtually entire new team.

This seems like the only way I can survive as most of my players from last season simply arent good enough for the prem. What I'm worried about is will my team of players from all around the globe be able to gell?

Has anyone else had success going into the prem with a complete overhaul of their squad?

Thanks

This just highlights the gulf between the premiership and the championship. I remember when I got my Watford side to the play-off final I was thinking to myself how many of these players could cut it in the prem? The answer was not many.

With bringing in so many new players I think you are going to struggle a lot.

Yeh you could be right. My pre-season form might suggest so as, although I only lost one of 6, I didnt score more than one goal in any of them...

I'm still hopefull though, I've got a good few Brazilians in there that can get me a goal from nowhere!

you are going to have a really tough year would have better off bringing in only 2 or 3 new players at a time. SLow and steady wins the race.......

In theory what you say is true but my players from last season would have been waaaaay out of their depth in this league. I played Middlesborough in the cup last year and got spanked 4 - 1 at home with about 30% possession and they came 15th. The players I have now are significantly better so im hoping I can stay in touch until christmas when hopefully they'll have got used to each other.

I'm two games in at the mo, lost to Hull at home but beat West Brom 1 - 0 away, so fingers crossed!

On my former save I brought Accrington to the premiership from league two with back to back promotions, and I replaced almost everyone at the start of the transfer window. And I finished 6th my first year in the premiership. So it's not impossible for you to have a great season!

It's my tactics :D

I don't know...I'm in a network game with my friend who is Newcastle and I'm Sunderland...I sold every player I could, leaving me with just the players who had recently signed (Cisse, Chimbonda etc.) then went about buying new midfielders and defenders...now my team is completely made up from new players EXCEPT Jones on the bench because he was injured during the first tansfer window when I was trying to sell people.

I chose the "avoid relegation" expectation and I'm in 9th around the end of November time...everyone seems to have gelled nicely and I'm doing alot better than my friend who only bought two new players for Newcastle.

Imo, you'll do better with a team full of Premiership players who are gelling than you would with a team of championship players who know each other perfectly...I think there's just that bit of class which can turn games in your favor.

Archived