Euro 2008...

Hi

I've just gone through Euro 2008 and noticed along with the usual big nations litte Lichtenstein have crept in. They then went on to qualify from Group B after beating England 2 - 0 and then France 2 - 0. Unfortunatly they lost out to Dennmark in the Quarter Finals... Strange.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I've seen the odd stange result about in the internationals - but never a minor nation like Lichtenstein qualifying. I don't know whether to be pleased or worried!!

Anyone else had any strange results/qualifications like this?

Hi

I've just gone through Euro 2008 and noticed along with the usual big nations litte Lichtenstein have crept in. They then went on to qualify from Group B after beating England 2 - 0 and then France 2 - 0. Unfortunatly they lost out to Dennmark in the Quarter Finals... Strange.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I've seen the odd stange result about in the internationals - but never a minor nation like Lichtenstein qualifying. I don't know whether to be pleased or worried!!

Anyone else had any strange results/qualifications like this?

ive seen San Marino beat england 4-0 as well as estonia also beat them, also Kazhikstan beat Portugal 4-1 which lead to Portugal not to qualify for a majour tournament.

Loads of weird scorelines, something that needs to be looked at for FMH09.

Just remembered also seen Saudi Arabia ranked 2nd in the world at one point

In the career i completed, i won the world cup managing both Scotland & Holland and despite being offered virtually every countries managers position when it became available i never got the England job despite applying for it several times!

By the way i used a 4-3-3 tatic with the centre midfield back tracking (i also won 4 sucessive premiership titles with Spurs & 5 sucessive with Coventry & every cup i competed in).

I just 'read' the commentry for Euro 08 on my game and found a few strange things.

Anyway, here is the semi's and final results

SEMI FINALS

England : 1-2 : Sweden

France : 0-2 : Portugal

Anyway, in my season as Man Utd, Rooney won Prem Player of the year, as well as runner up to world player of the year, Brown and Neville played barely 10 matches between them all season and guess which pair played for England and which player didn't go to the euros, even though he was perfectly fit and no injuries. And, the same for Portugal. No Nani and Ronaldo even though both were fit and averaging 7.14 and 7.67 respectively.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived