To refund or not refund

Living in Canada & owning a Mac, meant I had to wait for a Download version of FM or WSM 2009 since you cannot purchase the box version from Amazon.com (in Canada) and the Amazon.ca (canadian site) does not offer it.

So finally last Thursday I am excited to see the sticky for the Mac Digital Download and I purchased WSM 2009 for Mac on eSellerate. The download is fine, I even download the most recent patch and install (according to my Mac console) is successful.

I click on WSM2009 to launch the game and I get 'the application WSM 2009 quit unexpectedly'. I submit my tech ticket to sega.com and after a week I am still waiting for a solution from Sega.com/SI to solve the problem. I have been contacted from Sega and they tell me they are working with SI to figure out the problem.

My question is, since it has been a week without a solution, should I ask for a refund or give Sega/SI more time? Let me know what you think.

Wait.

We all no its frustrating as all we want to do is play the game.

I have been waiting for two weeks, but today I have received a reply.

At the end of the day once all these issues are sorted we all know it will be the best management game on the market.

Living in Canada & owning a Mac, meant I had to wait for a Download version of FM or WSM 2009 since you cannot purchase the box version from Amazon.com (in Canada) and the Amazon.ca (canadian site) does not offer it.

So finally last Thursday I am excited to see the sticky for the Mac Digital Download and I purchased WSM 2009 for Mac on eSellerate. The download is fine, I even download the most recent patch and install (according to my Mac console) is successful.

I click on WSM2009 to launch the game and I get 'the application WSM 2009 quit unexpectedly'. I submit my tech ticket to sega.com and after a week I am still waiting for a solution from Sega.com/SI to solve the problem. I have been contacted from Sega and they tell me they are working with SI to figure out the problem.

My question is, since it has been a week without a solution, should I ask for a refund or give Sega/SI more time? Let me know what you think.

As long as they are updating you on the progress i see no reason to pursue a refund. if they go the patch release route on your updates i'd possibly think about my $$$.

Okay, so after a week of still waiting for a solution to play WSM 2009 on my brand new Mac I get this message from the Sega help group on Saturday the 17th.

"This message is regarding your Ticket ID #DRU-31xxx7. We are changing the status of this ticket to 'Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 96 hours."

This was sent to me after being told on Tuesday the 13th that now that they had my Mac Info (system info) that Sega was working with SI, to ensure that everything within my system profile was in order and would get back to me once he had more input from SI.

So after patiently waiting for a solution it seems that I am left with trying to find my own solution and the bill to pay for a game that won't even work.

So I ask again, Should I ask for a refund or not.

Feedback appreciated.

I would reply to that ticket and ask why they have closed it without resolving your issue. Matt from Sega is normally about on the forums and Im sure he will be able to chase this for you as well. It doesnt sound right that they have closed the ticket when they have said they are looking into it.

I wouldnt ask for a refund just yet but you must be getting pretty close to it.

Archived