I just need a bit of advice really....

I've been sacked from what was supposed to be my ''long term'' game. I'm in my 5th season with Wolves.

After getting promoted in my second season, I just about managed to fight off relegation in my 3rd and 1st season in the prem.

In my 4th season i was again flirting with relegation, but then, i went on a great run and won 11 out of my last 12 games, even beating the might of Arsenal. So i end up finishing an impressive 8th, but i knew the problems would start.

The following season the club of course want a top half finish, and something inside of me just knew it wasn't possible, not this season anyway.

I was once again battling a relagation dog fight, praying for the sort of form that inspired the team at the end of last season. Come Christmas however, the board have had enough, goodbye me.

I support Wolves IRl and am nearly always play as them on FM. Should I go back to my last save of around 2 months ago and try and get them out of trouble and avoid the sack, or just start a new game with someone else? It just wouldn't feel right managing someone else on my Wolves save.

If you bothered to read I hope I didn't bore you too much:D

Some people think that reloading a save is cheating but it is your game. I would personally start a new game if you dont think you can manage another team. I know with my United game if they ever sacked me I would start another game as it would not feel right managing another team.

A tough call, but I would recommend carrying the game on and seeing what jobs you get offered. Maybe even overseas if you've loaded the right leagues.

IRL I'm very much a "club" fan than a "football" fan (ie, I know a lot about my own club but don't give 2 sh**s about any other club, except for how their fortunes affect my team). Even so, I've enjoyed "career" saves when I've ended up managing other clubs. You might even get a team with a bigger budget and rep so you can cherry pick your best players at Wolves or get players on your shortlist that you could not get before.

Stick with it fellah!

i think you should have a change....

you've got a lot of experience so it shouldn't be too difficult finiding another club.

it'll open your eyes a bit as well, make things a bit fresher if you joined someone else.

good luck with whatever.

i can see your point about reloading the save game, but i wouldnt feel right doing that

Try and continue your game by applying for vacant jobs and you may find that you form an affiliation for another club. I know on one of my last games on fm07, i was sacked from Forest (the team i support IRL) and took a random job in sweden, the Elfsborg job. I really enjoyed it and find myself looking for their results now. If it doesn't work and you don't enjoy it, start again then.....atleast you've given it a go. After all, you're already 5 seasons in.

I always think that I wouldn't want to manage anyone bar my club, but try it, honestly. Its great carrying on in the gameworld rather than starting again. And as Raware said, you do develop affiliations, nay affections, for new clubs. I now look out for Clyde, Bristol Rovers, Leyton Orient, Alfreton and East Fife's results because of this! Not exactly a rocket-propelled career, that one, but fun nonetheless.

i think you should have a change....

you've got a lot of experience so it shouldn't be too difficult finiding another club.

it'll open your eyes a bit as well, make things a bit fresher if you joined someone else.

good luck with whatever.

I agree! I never do well when I manage Wolves, so I haven't started as them on FM for a few years. A change is definitely refreshing though. Carry on without reloading and it will feel worth it if you can manage a club that is consistently finishing better than Wolves! :D Plus, if you go to a club in the same league as Wolves, it makes the matches against them a lot more interesting :p

(In my opinion) It's actually quite difficult to hold onto a team in a career game in 09, as the board expectations will inevitably increase to the point that you get shown the door.

You could always just add a new manager to wolves and retire the first one if you are more interested in playing as wolves instead of retaining your original manager profile.

I see no problem with going back two months and trying to save your job. Basically do whatever will give you the most enjoyment out of the game.

WHS

The point of a game, and the save which a player has on said game, is that it is enjoying for the player, and pleases them.

And that is something you just can't argue with. :thup:

Archived