International Manager

Hi,

I'm operating under version 9.2. I'm into season 2011-12, yet no international manager has left or been sacked from their role. This includes following the 2010 World Cup?? Is this a bug - have others experienced the same issue?

In my current savegame I'm playing version 9.2 as Rangers in the SPL and their have been quite a few international vacancies.

Personally I've been manager of Nigeria since roughly half way through my second season, when a few African jobs appeared, I assume it would be just after the African Nations Cup IRL. Nigeria seems to be quite a common first international appointment from the posts I've read on here.

There were also quite a few very tempting vacancies after/during the 2010 World Cup i.e. Italy/Brazil/Holland/Czech etc. I applied for them all but was overlooked for every one so still with Nigeria at present.

For anyone else playing as Nigeria - I'm in December 2010 (2 1/2 seasons in) only have 2 Nigerian GK's in the whole world!!!! And one of them is 16yo at Brentford. Is this right?

For anyone else playing as Nigeria - I'm in December 2010 (2 1/2 seasons in) only have 2 Nigerian GK's in the whole world!!!! And one of them is 16yo at Brentford. Is this right?

If you don't have the Nigerian leagues running (if there are any?) or haven't selected to load all players from Nigeria when setting up the game then yes, this is correct.

There were also quite a few very tempting vacancies after/during the 2010 World Cup i.e. Italy/Brazil/Holland/Czech etc.

Just for the record - having managed the Czech Republic from 2010-2012 in my game - they are fairly average at best, so unless you are very good at the game, don't bother with them. Cech will only play competitive games for you (Chelsea withdraw him from nearly all friendlies completely), and Rosicky is either injured or severely lacking match fitness and permanently on Very Poor morale, and hence underperforms big time.

Archived