Problem with Man City's money

When I first started a game on FM09 when it was released Man City had something like £500 million IIRC. Now after I installed the patch they only have £200 million. I have used the editor, but I don't remember editing their money. Anyone knows how I can give them more money? And yes, I have the "sugar daddy"-file enabled. It seems a bit strange. Anyone else had this problem, and how can I give them more money?

I knew that would come :p

No, and I'm not gonna play with them either. I'm just saying that they have alot more than £200 million IRL. And I remember them having more money in another game I had. So I'm basically just wondering what to do to give them the money they really have. Thanks.

Well, they were willing to pay £100 million for Kaka apparently. And I seem to remember them having more money on a previous game before the last patch. Isn't the "sugar daddy"-file made to be able to give them more than £200 million anyway? I don't know why it's not working all of a sudden.

I find that with clubs with Sugar Daddies usually never let their clubs fall below a certain bank balance. If Citys transfer budget was, say, 150 million and they spent it he would inject more money in.

yeh tycoons or sugar daddy always seem to top the money up in the balance ebery month most times.

The is a handy data editor coming with the game. Just use it if you are unhappy with any of the entered data.

Yes, I'm aware. But the editor will only let me give them a maximum of £200 million. That's why there is an .edt file called "sugar daddy" to give Man City more money than the editor is able to. That's basically why I'm wondering why it's not working for me anymore when it did in the past.

So far City have spent a reported £12m in the January window so I would count my blessings with £200m.

I'm aware, but they're also being linked with a £100 million bid for Kaka. I know their budget isn't as high as £200 million, but their balance surely is higher.

Yes, I'm aware. But the editor will only let me give them a maximum of £200 million. That's why there is an .edt file called "sugar daddy" to give Man City more money than the editor is able to. That's basically why I'm wondering why it's not working for me anymore when it did in the past.

I'm aware, but they're also being linked with a £100 million bid for Kaka. I know their budget isn't as high as £200 million, but their balance surely is higher.

Not necessarily. The owners of the club could have infinite resources that they only pass onto the club whenever necessary. For example, Chelsea might have access to Romans billions, but that doesn't mean it would be in their bank account...

Why don't you use FMRTE (you can find its thread on the Editors area) and change Man City's finances to your liking? Just a few seconds and it's done.

I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the tip :)

'Only have £200m'. FFS

Erm, read all my posts please.

Archived