add to shortlist "indefinitely"?

It's your tactics

Do you really feel the need to just post that in every single thread you visit? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was always under the impression that it meant forever but I generally just add players to my shortlist for a year anyway.

Do you really feel the need to just post that in every single thread you visit? :rolleyes:

best it be said in jest than by those who actually believe it.

Anyway, I was always under the impression that it meant forever but I generally just add players to my shortlist for a year anyway.

it doesn't mean forever, but i always thought it meant "no definite time limit"....

like it just continued until i gave an "instruction" to end it...

but on further reflection... it could be...

my tactics... :rolleyes:

best it be said in jest than by those who actually believe it.

it doesn't mean forever, but i always thought it meant "no definite time limit"....

like it just continued until i gave an "instruction" to end it...

but on further reflection... it could be...

my tactics... :rolleyes:

Yeah when I said forever I meant there is no time limit and it would be forever until they retired if I never removed from my shortlist.

Yeah when I said forever I meant there is no time limit and it would be forever until they retired if I never removed from my shortlist.

you thought that if you added them "indefinetely" to your shortlist they'd be on there "until they retired unless you removed them"?!!

THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!!

mods... this guy's crazy & should be banned.

at least lock this thread & let it asphixiate into nothingness...

:rolleyes:

you thought that if you added them "indefinetely" to your shortlist they'd be on there "until they retired unless you removed them"?!!

THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!!

Ok, I don't why I am bothering to respond to this post. :rolleyes:

I'll put it simply so you can understand, I thought the same as you.

You put them on your shortlist indefinitely. You have set no time limit for it to expire so it should not expire until you choose which was my understanding.

I'm not very sure, but i once read from a forum that, if u scout the player first without adding him to shortlist, a time limit will appear (which can be seen on your shortlist). So if u really want to add the player 'infinitely', den add him before scouting him.

I'm not very sure, but i once read from a forum that, if u scout the player first without adding him to shortlist, a time limit will appear (which can be seen on your shortlist). So if u really want to add the player 'infinitely', den add him before scouting him.

which would make it a bug as they are removed after a certain period of time even though you have "requested" that they be added "indefinetely"...

Ok, I don't why I am bothering to respond to this post. :rolleyes:

I'll put it simply so you can understand, I thought the same as you.

You put them on your shortlist indefinitely. You have set no time limit for it to expire so it should not expire until you choose which was my understanding.

you "thought" the same as me?

meaning you've since changed your mind or found a solution to my problem?

which would make it a bug as they are removed after a certain period of time even though you have "requested" that they be added "indefinetely"...

That is not a bug. I think he means if you don't specifically add them to your shortlist as indefinitely and just scout them then they will be on your shortlist for a year.

you "thought" the same as me?

meaning you've since changed your mind or found a solution to my problem?

"i always thought it meant "no definite time limit"....

like it just continued until i gave an "instruction" to end it..."

That is not a bug. I think he means if you don't specifically add them to your shortlist as indefinitely and just scout them then they will be on your shortlist for a year.

i was going to tear into you on that one & be incredibly sarcastic but now that you mention it...

that may be the case...

guess there's only one way to find out..

see you in days

"i always thought it meant "no definite time limit"....

like it just continued until i gave an "instruction" to end it..."

i said that right?

was i being sarcastic?

*breaks down crying*

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!!!

i was going to tear into you on that one & be incredibly sarcastic but now that you mention it...

that may be the case...

guess there's only one way to find out..

see you in days

i said that right?

was i being sarcastic?

*breaks down crying*

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!!!

Yeah, you said what I posted above and it has been what I have been trying to say all the time. Either I did not make myself clear or you did not understand me or both but basically I agree with you and have done from the beginning about what I thought add to shortlist indefinitely meant.

yeah, you said what i posted above and it has been what i have been trying to say all the time. Either i did not make myself clear or you did not understand me or both but basically i agree with you and have done from the beginning about what i thought add to shortlist indefinitely meant.

"we're waaaaaaaaay too close to this!"

I'm pretty sure that any player that you add to your shortlist indefinitely simply stays on your shortlist until they disappear from the game, or you remove them.

The players being removed from your short list will be players that you've either scouted or put bids in for, without actually adding them to your shortlist manually.

I always find them being removed after a year.

This definitely not the case for me. In FM08 I started a game as Gateshead and played it until 2031 and during all that time I always added players to my shortlist indefinitely. I can assure you that none of these players were removed as I often had to go in and remove players myself that had been on there since they were teenagers but were now about 34 and no longer a target for me.

The same goes for my Man City save in 09. I add loads of players to my shortlist and none have been removed after a year, otherwise I would have a massive list of players at the end of each season that were being removed from my shortlist, which I don't.

I'm going to keep a closer eye on this from now on, chopper99. I did find it odd that players were removed without my say-so; perhaps I'm choosing the wrong option without realising it.

Me too, as a few people in this thread seem to have experienced players being removed after a year. So it's possible I've just not noticed it. I don't think that's the case, but I could be wrong.

Well if you have players who are on your short list indefinitely, as requested, perhaps is DOES happen, but not ALWAYS. And is therefore something which requires a more specific investigation.

All in the name of Science, of course :D

Gah. Bad thread.

jod, I think he was being sarcastic on the post where he quoted what you thought and called for your banning :p hope so anyway.

Well afterwards he posted in another thread that he was drunk so maybe that has something to do with it. :D

As mentioned earlier, players that you don't manually add to your shortlist indefinately, will be removed after a year. That is for instance players you have made a bid for or just scouted. It has been so for the last releases, and although I'd rather see that it should be the opposite way, that they'll be there unless you ask specificly for something else, it's not a bug.

However I would ask SI to reconsider this, as you suddenly get a whole bunch of players being removed from your shortlist one year after you have gone on a scouting rampage ;) These players then need to be added again manually, and as there is no way to mark mulitple players in the news window, this is a shitty and time consuming job. My proposal would be that all players that you scout or make a bid for, get's stuck on your shortlist until you remove them. For players that you add manually, you should choose for yourself like now. Or there should be a choice, like for instance the one where you can choose whether the game should automatically transferlist any players that you offer to clubs.

THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!!

umm. yes i thought that aswell mate - it's not "crazy talk" actually -

The word indefinately means " not definite; without fixed or specified limit; unlimited"

So i would have thought "unlimited" means that they would stay there for an unlimited amount of time.

Archived