Rate my player!

I have a scout who supposedly has 20 for rating current ability, and yet every so often I have a major disagreement with him over how he rates a player (figuratively of course). The latest case:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7629/hossamghalyprofilecf0.png

So please take a look and tell me what level you think he could play at.

I have a scout who supposedly has 20 for rating current ability, and yet every so often I have a major disagreement with him over how he rates a player (figuratively of course). The latest case:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7629/hossamghalyprofilecf0.png

So please take a look and tell me what level you think he could play at.

Staff judgements are heavily influenced by CA. Ghaly has right foot only hence his CA probably isn't that great despite his decent attributes.

I'd throw him in if necessary (i.e. injury crisis)in the Premiership, and depending on my wage budget as a backup/rotation player in the Championship.

Well all these comments are very interesting as I'm a top end championship club chasing promotion. My scout rates him as my tenth best midfielder and says he would be a decent signing for a league 1 side, further proof of the bias against older players in this game. I probably won't offer him a contract as I have 4 other midfielders who are younger and better plus kids coming through.

When I managed Tottenham with Ghaly, I started the season with him as fifth choice central midfield (he was the sub in my reserve games). After an injury to Zokora I played Ghaly for a couple of weeks. His stats weren't brillant, but his match-day stats were. Only a small handful of missed passes, several key passes, assists, shots, and the like. You can't judge a player just on stats, and thanks to Ghaly for showing me that. He played better in his 3 games than Zokora played for the first 10 games of the reserve season, so I shuffled the pack and promoted Ghaly. Mind you, I sold him at the end of the season, but that's not the point icon_wink.gif Look at how he is playing in matches - the Stats tab on the left

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philkemp:

When I managed Tottenham with Ghaly, I started the season with him as fifth choice central midfield (he was the sub in my reserve games). After an injury to Zokora I played Ghaly for a couple of weeks. His stats weren't brillant, but his match-day stats were. Only a small handful of missed passes, several key passes, assists, shots, and the like. You can't judge a player just on stats, and thanks to Ghaly for showing me that. He played better in his 3 games than Zokora played for the first 10 games of the reserve season, so I shuffled the pack and promoted Ghaly. Mind you, I sold him at the end of the season, but that's not the point icon_wink.gif Look at how he is playing in matches - the Stats tab on the left </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst you make a good point, different players perform differently in different tactics. Therefore, Ghaly may not play as well in a short passing game as the DM as he does as a playmaker in a fast flowing game with direct passing, for instance. PPms and indivual stats affect this.

Anyway, middle championship player.

To be fair he's struggled a bit with injuries this season and he's clearly past his best. Also being away on African Cup of Nations duty when he would've got in the team didn't help. He hasn't performed as well as last season when he's had his chances but he's still a regular Egyptian international and in my eyes could still do a job in the championship, it's just that he's tainted in my eyes due to that scout rating. 20/20 for judging ability? icon_eek.gif

Archived