Don't you just hate it when that record unbeating finaly comes to an end?

In my career save my team had finally a good run, 16 matches unbeaten, to just get it stopped by the 2nd worst team in the league. :s

Since then we lost 3 in a row and off course morale started to drop into oblivion now.

I always find this the hardest part of the game to get them back on track, but maybe I'm not doing it right.

I change a few players in my starting eleven and try to play a bit more defensive by changing my tactic slightly, but I guess that's not the best way.

What do you guys do to turn it around when disaster strikes you?

i know the feeling, had 1 finish about a month ago in FM08, my Liverpool team were about to finish our 2nd unbeaten season when already relegated Wolves beat us 5-4 at Anfield, they came back from 4-1 down with only 20 to go. oh well, serves me right for fielding a weaker team and then subbing off my only regular first teamers for 2 up and coming 16yr olds. Just can't bring myself to go back to the game, i'm scared i'll loose the FA and CL now!

Depends how you lose it I guess. My 40 game unbeaten run came to an end away to Sampdoria, who were relegated at the end of the season. I may have made a mistake in rotating my entire midfield but the rest of the team was the same as the previous game. My team just didn't turn up at all, to that point we'd conceded 6 in the league in 25ish matches, yet we lost 3-1, though I did play 4-2-4 the last 30 mins. I also lost my 3 year unbeaten home record in the league to Milan but I could have no complaints, they deserved it despite a MOM performance from my reserve keeper.

I went an amazing 105 games unbeaten in the league with Newcastle United then i lost to Villa away thanks to a last minute winner!!!

I was actually devastated. All that hard work we had put in, was just taken away in an instance!!!

WOW - I had a 15 game un beaten run that fished last game of the season as Pompey away to Chelsea 2nd season. Prior to the match we had clinched 6th spot with no chance of 5th or 7th

I was well pleased with this run though it seems 105 is the target :)

WOW - I had a 15 game un beaten run that fished last game of the season as Pompey away to Chelsea 2nd season. Prior to the match we had clinched 6th spot with no chance of 5th or 7th

I was well pleased with this run though it seems 105 is the target :)

It took time & money to achieve this run though

I was actually happy to get a 16 run after my disaster season from last year.

My team is nowhere ready to achieve a 105 unbeaten run, hopes one day they will though.

Interesting point: it seems that my decline was due to loosing one player with injury, because now that hes back we start to play well again.

I never considered him a key player, also taken into account that his stats aren't that great, but now after this my opinion about him changed a lot.

It took time & money to achieve this run though

I've got an unbeaten run of over 150 games now, but my team has only got 1 player with a CA<180, and that's Abidal, who still is class but currently suffers from the competition of my regen left back Hernán Cruz.

baraug5.png

All others are either legendary players, world class players or whatever adjective FM praises them with. Not losing with this squad really isn't that hard if you stick to the right strategy against every opponent. I have 3; the attacking one posted above, a more or less defensive 4-1-3-0-2 and an attacking 4-0-2-3-1.

And I've got to admit being lucky in the CL pretty often: when I play big teams like Inter, they're often missing star players, or picking up a red card early on. Also, none of the Spanish teams are a real threat except for Real Madrid. And even their star players are all getting old and weary.

well im stuck at the moment with chelsea, lost only once in first half of season now in jan lost my first game and now cant seem to win, loosing at hull, stoke, lyon in champs lge 1st leg and many many draws, tried changin my team, tactics etc, any ideas plz.

well just used player instructiions from thread "Don't you just hate it when that record unbeating finaly comes to an end? " and they have worked so far with a 4.0 win over man city in fa cup and a 4.3 win over lyon in champs lge so far so gd not a bad thread.

Archived