immersiveness...

is a real word apparently.

The more I play FM09 the more I feel that all the effort has gone into the match engine, tactics and 3d view. Which is great, but as an immersive game experience FM09 seems to be lacking more than in previous years.

The press conferences have been shown to be poorly thought out and repetitive, the lack of news about major in game going ons outside your own league (as detailed in other threads) means you feel like you're playing in a bubble and the board/fan confidence problem (where expectations seem only to be set once a year) and where they're disappointed in your 19-year old 'one for the future' signings all make the game less fun and rewarding than previous iterations where a lot of this stuff was left to your imagination.

This is not a dig at SI, I am definately an FM09 fan and love the game, but if they'd concentrate on fixing the in game immersiveness for FM10 I'll truly happy. Anyone else feel the same?

Good call with the 'one for the future' point, just recently bought 3 youngsters all under 19 for a combined total nearing £5M. They dont get played every game as you'd expect, but the supporters club and flippin Mark Duncan my supporters spokesperson is forever telling me that the fans arent happy with one, two or all my signings.

Anyway rant done.

I agree with you completely, so sick of being told my fans aren't pleased with my signings, have some paitence!!

Good point about your targets being set once a year, I'd really like to see you get another set or revised objectives mid season, or when the transfer window opens. For example the board could say that after your side has been leaking goals in the first half of the season, funds will be made available to improve the defense.

I agree with you completely, so sick of being told my fans aren't pleased with my signings, have some paitence!!

Good point about your targets being set once a year, I'd really like to see you get another set or revised objectives mid season, or when the transfer window opens. For example the board could say that after your side has been leaking goals in the first half of the season, funds will be made available to improve the defense.

I mean I could understand it if the board/fans were annoyed that you went our an bought 6 midfielders in their prime.

Also if you take over a troubled club and save them from relegation the board/fans often seem ungrateful because of the original managers performance not being up to expectations.

Good call with the 'one for the future' point, just recently bought 3 youngsters all under 19 for a combined total nearing £5M. They dont get played every game as you'd expect, but the supporters club and flippin Mark Duncan my supporters spokesperson is forever telling me that the fans arent happy with one, two or all my signings.

Anyway rant done.

They could fix this with press conferences couldn't they?

I mean being asked why you bought a particular player during your next press conference would tell the game your intentions whilst also giving more interaction.

Unless the game already implements this when signing a player?

Does setting player squad staus to hot prospect when you offer a contract not solve this?

Still pretty new to the game and a LLM so not yet come across this myself.

Archived