Writing user-comments on press conference answers

How often have you put a written response to a press conference question? Other than the obligatory "hehe, lets put a swear word and see what it does" moment.

When the press conference feature this was one of the parts of the feature that was sold to us, that we could write what we wanted - upon questioning the value of this feature I got an official response saying that it wouldnt' affect gameplay but it "depends how easily you are amused" and was shot down for suggesting it was a tacked on feature.

Well, how easily amused have you been?

In a network game me and my friend took everything really seriously, answering each question...but about 4 or 5 of them we stopped...then about 9 or 10 we stopped attending all-together.

It is a nice touch, but I'd like to think that we'd get extra points on the "Hands-On" attribute in our management thing at least...seeing as you are actually commenting...but I guess with the game having no idea what you're writing you could just be typing "sgajdsgdflaldshsha" (thats Swaheelianlish for "gibberish" btw) to get the extra attribute points. It's a shame.

Never used it, never expected it to be anything other than a poorly-implemented tacked-on gimmick anyway. Its unrealistic to expect any game to understand your own text, so there was never any use in adding it to begin with imo.

sounds like it'd be useful in online matches & of course would be cool if it had an affect in the offline game but how could it work offline?

if it were effective it would really only catch certain words & if it could do that then they'd either get rid of the multiple choice or add more on.

p.s the multiple choice & the questions suck...

not a criticism, i just think that this game is just a massive work in progress & that the price should be lowered because of that.

sure next years version MIGHT be worth what i paid for this years but had i known that i wasn't really getting much of an improvement over previous versions i wouldn't have bothered.

i would've just stuck to using the editor.

i don't mean to sound overly critical if that's how i'm coming across but there is most definetely a HUGE gap between the company & the users.

and by huge i mean it looks like there's no possible way to cross it.

looking through these forums it's like they don't really take anything on board.

again... say i'm wrong...

how about at least creating some sort of closed page where you say what suggestions SI has taken on board, or AT LEAST found to be of interest or a kind of news update where you highlight threads of interest.

maybe it's just me, maybe there are threads on these forums which SI particpate in routinely, but i haven't seen them & there does seem to be some fairly high profile users here who complain about the same thing.

do i have a point?

no.

have i posted in the right place?

no.

but dammit....

what was i saying?

Archived