Strikers not involved

On my hull game i play a diamond 4-4-2, with Geovanni in amc and Steven Fletcher and Marlon King upfront. Despite the players being seemingly close together on the tactics screen, the strikers seem are always miles away from the play and they are unable to link up with my midfield. My midfielders often have to resort to long through balls to try and put a striker through which usually ends in my team losing the ball by it going to an opponent or out for a goal kick.

So my question is, what can i do to lessen the gap between my midfield and strikers to stop them giving the ball away so frequently?

Thanks.

Make sure that your mentalities for your strikers and midfielders are similar (usually within 1 'slide' of each other MAX 2. Also play a higher defensive line to make your team more compact. Reduce passing and creativity for your midfielders and have forward runs on 'mixed' for your strikers so they don't break away too quickly or become too eager and get caught offside.

That's how I'd play it anyway bud.

No, zonal is the opposite of man marking. It just means they will keep to their 'zone' on the pitch. As you want them to play more centrally anyway then the DC's are always going to sniffing round anyway. The ability to get round them depends solely on your ST's attributes.

Archived