Fm could teach us a thing or two

When manageing in a forign country, as humans there is nothing to say how good we would be at learning different lingo, Now beeing in charge of a none English speaking team may cause some missunderstanding..

I reckon we should have to lern certain words to use in press conferances and team talks beofre we had the lingo of that given country on our profile..

:thdn:

While I enjoy the experience of learning foreign languages, etc., I think that idea sails well wide of the mark.

IRL, if I moved to a country to manage a football team, I'd be steeped in the culture: I'd be taking language courses off of DVD, I'd be watching television, I'd be ordering food in the native language at restaurants, etc. For a big enough team, I'd probably also have a language tutor hired for me.

In FM, I don't have any of that support in place, so placing a language barrier in front of me doesn't fit as "realistic".

I'm also not sure if it fits as "fun"; if I want to learn Portugese, I'll buy a Portugese language course. If I want to learn about Brazilian football, I'll manage a Brazilian club in FM. What I'm looking for from the experience is vastly different.

Archived