Is it just me or are the stadiums blank?

yeah i wondered about that too. seems like a pretty pointless addition.

i'd've been happy with a few coloured blobs in there. at least a still that'd show how full the stadium was.

in FM10 i wanna see confetti & flags, FLARES! AND CAGES!!... SKINHEADS!! WITH THEIR TATS OUT!!

BLOOOOD!!!

I WANT BLOOOOD!!!

oh yeah, and balloons too.

ones that get in the way of low crosses into the box & lead to dodgy goals

and why does the display preferences have an option for "sky" if you're looking top-down?

in FM10 i wanna see confetti & flags, FLARES! AND CAGES!!... SKINHEADS!! WITH THEIR TATS OUT!!

BLOOOOD!!!

I WANT BLOOOOD!!!

that's if i buy it...

i may give it a miss next year

as much as i like this game there does seem to be an awful lot that should've been added to it before the 3D...

The first item which caught my eye about the 3D match was the lack of detail in the stands, yes it does look bloody awful, perhaps SI need to give the option that allows the user to choose level of detail. I'm not flaming SI they have done an ok job with it, but if they just leave it at that then mmmmmm, lack of imagination?.

There seems to be a big unbalance in the whole game this year, nothing seems to be finished.

But then again i can never do such a good job as they have so i can't complain.

I'm lucky i have a decent system so running a crowd would not be a problem, it would add reaslm which is what people are after in this day and age, but then this is a computer game.

I anticipate every game, every year and this year has been no exception, i await FM10 ;).

In the next release, the best thing that could be given is a Stadium Development Kit. In reality, there's too many stadiums to be accurately designed by SI, but allow an SDK and this community would flourish.

After all, each stadium is different, whether it's the position of the scoreboard, or the proximity of the fans -so allow an extensive editor tool, which would allow avid fans to design their stadiums. These could then be collated and shared.

PC restrictions aren't an issue - there'll be an option in the menu to resort to the 'blank' stadiums.

Kash

The first item which caught my eye about the 3D match was the lack of detail in the stands, yes it does look bloody awful, perhaps SI need to give the option that allows the user to choose level of detail. I'm not flaming SI they have done an ok job with it, but if they just leave it at that then mmmmmm, lack of imagination?.

There seems to be a big unbalance in the whole game this year, nothing seems to be finished.

But then again i can never do such a good job as they have so i can't complain.

I'm lucky i have a decent system so running a crowd would not be a problem, it would add reaslm which is what people are after in this day and age, but then this is a computer game.

I anticipate every game, every year and this year has been no exception, i await FM10 ;).

i was thinking about that as well. at least have more say like when upgrading the staduim they just put as many seats as they want. how about when upgrading the staduim they let you no how this is goign to effect your transfer budget. so u have liek a drop down list like at the start of every season. more seats u want the less transfer budget you are going to receive or if you build a new staduim how this is going to effect you in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think that in the next years version there should be the possibility the see filled stadiums with fans etc. If someones computer cannot handle the extra graphics they could tweak the graphic details lower. Now it looks unfinished and cheap. Why put the boxed stadium outlines if you don't intend to use them properly? Just a waste of space if they stay like this.

Yeah, I think that in the next years version there should be the possibility the see filled stadiums with fans etc. If someones computer cannot handle the extra graphics they could tweak the graphic details lower. Now it looks unfinished and cheap. Why put the boxed stadium outlines if you don't intend to use them properly? Just a waste of space if they stay like this.

If it is that much of a bother, there is an option under "Preferences" to turn off the rendering of the stadiums anyway, so you could always revert back to a (fan-less) stadium-less look.

Does anyone know if that grey area can be edited. For example like the skin could the graphic be replaced? Obviously a question for the editing forum but it is releavant to this thread.

They said it was possible in a blog but it seems not as we need some converting software I believe.

yeah i wondered about that too. seems like a pretty pointless addition.

i'd've been happy with a few coloured blobs in there. at least a still that'd show how full the stadium was.

BLOOOOD!!!

I WANT BLOOOOD!!!

and why does the display preferences have an option for "sky" if you're looking top-down?

yeah and when they put all this in don't start complaining that your 1998 pc won't run the game

it's a metaphor i'm not stating that you personally have a 1998 pc i'm just saying everyone will soon complain that their very old pc won't run the game

i'm all for moving forward

Im sure over time they will have the creaters of ther 3D graphics develope fans in the stadiums. Its not easy to create 3D in detail so perhaps they will be in 2D. Anyhow the stadioums look tacky as hell as if your playing an Amstrad computer game from the 80s.

Archived