Selling players

Does anyone else find that they cannot get rid of loads of players, even if I offer them out at £0, i get the same reply "due to recent arrival player isnt interested" I can understand if its someone i have recently signed but i have had players who havent played in a year and are still saying that message. :(

I have this problem but even worse. One of my players has reqeuested a transfer and when i offered him to club it said no clubs are interested in buying this player due to his recent arrival and therefore he was relunctanr leave. How can player who requests a transfer be relunctant to leave without being asked to be taken off the transfer list. This must be a bug of some sort.

Offer to sell them after 12 months at the club and you won't get that reply. It helps if you give them a few games and they are in the first team squad, the moment they linger in the resereves for a few months no one wants them.

As a lower league manager as soon as my team gains promotion I try to flog half my team off and often end up having to mutually terminate several contracts. Mutual termination is great for high salaried staff that used to be key players but you know find no use for.

I've had no problem selling fringe players really, blood them in cup games and in games against weak teams, transfer list them, a few days later set their status to unneeded then a couple days after that offer them out for the value you want. Usually I can get quite good prices for my players. First teamers I'm looking to offload usually a couple million above value for a quick sale. Fringe players a couple million under.

I've had a similar problem with regards to trying to loan out players. Loaned out Daniel Sturridge to Charlton in the Championship first season, where he scored bags of goals, anyway try'd to do the same at the start of my second season but no one was interested in having him, very unrealistic. Also i bought Jack Wilshere and immediately try'd to loan him out but got the "clubs are reluctant to make an offer as the player has only recently joined" garbage! IRL clubs often buy young players and then straight away loan them out to get experience, needs sorting out imo

It's needed to be sorted for the last gawd knows how many FM's so why should they sort it now!!!!!

It hasnt been this bad for me in the last FM games. It has been bad but not this bad. No where near this bad when you can put players on the transfer list and offer them for £0 and get no offers. Or a player who has reuqested a transfer putting clubs off bidding for him due to his relunctance to leave.

I just managed to get rid of bellamy for 4 mill, despite his value droppin to 1.9 cos i only ever play him rarely as a sub. However apart from this i normally struggle to sell players i dnt want. However august i do seem to get a lot of action with unwanted players which is always good

Archived