size of saved game

How-do,

As I've already said in other threads I seriously think you've done a cracking job on FM Handheld and I'm really excited about what future version may hold (should you do new versions).

Anyway, as the topic suggests I'm curious as to the size of saved games. On the back you state the minimum but I was wondering if there is a maximum or if there isn't is there any rough guide? I ask as if they do get big I'll go out and invest in a bigger card for my PSP but I want to have some info to go off so I can justify the purchase to the missus.

Ta in advance

How-do,

As I've already said in other threads I seriously think you've done a cracking job on FM Handheld and I'm really excited about what future version may hold (should you do new versions).

Anyway, as the topic suggests I'm curious as to the size of saved games. On the back you state the minimum but I was wondering if there is a maximum or if there isn't is there any rough guide? I ask as if they do get big I'll go out and invest in a bigger card for my PSP but I want to have some info to go off so I can justify the purchase to the missus.

Ta in advance

• SI Staff

The save game size is as 'fixed' as possible - that is we've pre-allocated most arrays to prevent them growing too much.

In a worst case scenario they won't go beyond 5Mb basically.

Thanks for the replies Graeme/Marc mucho appreciated, new card it is then as I have a habit of having more than one game on the go.

Now for the hard part icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

Thanks for the replies Graeme/Marc mucho appreciated, new card it is then as I have a habit of having more than one game on the go.

Now for the hard part icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007LZGF6/qid.../026-5734671-7898820

Great value for money. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inov Dabar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

Now for the hard part icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007LZGF6/qid.../026-5734671-7898820

Great value for money. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion Inov, certainly the cheapest and so will probably be the one I buy.

As Graeme has pointed out, the save game size is between 800KB and 1.5MB for a single save. There are also ten save slots which you can use to save multiple games, so that should give you a rough idea of how much space you'll require on your Memory Card should you use all ten slots. It's very unlikely the save game size will go over 1.5MB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

I think this might come in handy and I dont think you will get it cheaper than that http://www.prismdirect.co.uk/memory_stick_pro_duo_1gb_(sony).html?sc=awin

1GB Sony memory stick for £25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tony icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cuidado-:

how long does it take to save a game, say....the first time after one week? i reckon a 30 season game will take longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't so, as Marc said all the arrays are pre-allocated anyway so it shouldn't grow greatly

• SI Staff

The guy in GAME told me that I'd need at least a 256mb card to run this game, I put him straight that people with a 32mb card will still be able to play the game fine.

Just trying to sell me a better card no doubt, luckily I have a 1gb card so that shut him up icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricey:

The guy in GAME told me that I'd need at least a 256mb card to run this game, I put him straight that people with a 32mb card will still be able to play the game fine.

Just trying to sell me a better card no doubt, luckily I have a 1gb card so that shut him up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you indicate which store said this to you as I'm not particularly happy for people to be trying to force people to spend money the don't have to in order to play one of our games.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricey:

Just trying to sell me a better card no doubt, luckily I have a 1gb card so that shut him up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you indicate which store said this to you as I'm not particularly happy for people to be trying to force people to spend money the don't have to in order to play one of our games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was GAME in Skegness.

I found it a bit cheeky of him as he clearly didn't have full grasp of the facts, just presuming maybe. He never offered me a bigger memory card, however had I not told him I have a 1gb I'm sure he would of.

Archived