Won the League - Cant win a game?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone else get the end of season blues after winning the league with games in hand? My leeds team were unbeaten and then won the league with 5 games to play. I was dreaming of an arsenal-style 'unbeatables' team and an ace screen shot too so I continues to play my first team for the remainder of the season.

However, my team absolutely capitulated and I ended up losing 4/5 remaining games and drawing the other 0-0. I won the league by 2 points from Man City which is terrible considering the amazing season I had had up until then.

I know that I won the league anyway but just wondered if anyone else has this problem of if it just my team (I didnt change tactic/team talks)

Marching on Together . . .

As I said before I wanted to go unbeaten and so thought that I would continue to pick the first team rather than develop the younguns (most of whom are away on loan anyway)

I was loving winning the league early but then couldnt really justify my slump in form despite not changing a thing and morale being super high.

I don't usually get this. I always found that I tend to keep up the performance, but like skorp, I do switch some of my youth players into the team. It would be natural to put in some sub-par performances after winning the league, but not in your situation of being unbeaten.

Did your team play bad or were they unlucky? It could be a case of them being unlucky in the first defeat and then just giving up after.

I wouldnt say that I was unlucky I just stopped creating anything against vastly inferior opposition even tho I was the top scoring team by a country mile.

I lost the first game of the season 7 days after clinching the title at home to WBA who were in no danger of relegation but no chance of europe either. It was like the team just coundlt be bothered now Id won the league and I just wondered if this is actually a feature of the game

may be you need a different approach or team talk, does your assistant state players are looking complacent and think they can just turn up to win?

This may be a bit different, but i have just won promotion to the prem, i broek the goal scoring record and the points record and is till have 3 games to go, alot of my players seem to have a problem with over confidence but i am bringing them back down to earth with my team talks, and allthough i have 3 games left to play, my team are still free scoring and playing well..

My assistant didnt ever say they looked overconfident but I think that maybe they were, I reckon they just decided to relax for the run in and had their minds on expensive summer holidays. Oh well there's always next year

I wouldnt say that I was unlucky I just stopped creating anything against vastly inferior opposition even tho I was the top scoring team by a country mile.

I lost the first game of the season 7 days after clinching the title at home to WBA who were in no danger of relegation but no chance of europe either. It was like the team just coundlt be bothered now Id won the league and I just wondered if this is actually a feature of the game

Well you didnt lose much anyways. You dont even get a message at the end of the season. I won all league matches and nothing, nada, zero... The references I got during the season were "Fans hail tactical genious" (for unbeaten run) bla bla bla, but in the end 0000000000.

"Well you didnt lose much anyways. You dont even get a message at the end of the season. I won all league matches and nothing, nada, zero... The references I got during the season were "Fans hail tactical genious" bla bla bla, but in the end 0000000000."

I would have been able to print off the screen shot of my mighty unbeaten Leeds team top of the league in 2018 and with a 0 under 'games lost', framed it and waited until FM does its usual thing of predicting real life - roll on 2018.

i know this is slighly off the subject but even tho i have had a great season, only losing 3 games, and reaching the League Cup semi's, my average gate has dropped from 30000 down to 20000..

i noticed West Ham didnt have there average gate drop when they got relegated, it stayed the same and has done for 3 season's

Wayne\'o I suppose it depends on who you're managing. West Ham have a pretty small stadium and a pretty decent/loyal fan base so I wouldnt expect their attendances to drop if they got relegated.

Bit weird about your gates tho - credit crunch?

I retained the Premier League with 4 or 5 games in hand last season, so just played the back-ups and a couple of reserves, didn't lose a game I think and gave some very good performances, one of them ended up being an awesome 3-0 + 4-3 comeback at Old Trafford, ending 4-4, which I posted a thread about. :D

Archived