has anyone else got merchandise or gone to a game because of going a team in FM?

just wondering if i am the only one to end up quite liking a club (generally small clubs) after going them on FM (somehow i assume other people will have some stories!)

A couple of years ago i randomly went weymouth and ended up ordering their strip, last year i had a great time at rochdale and ended up ordering a rochdale scarf and pendant and now i am going on holiday in march (going with a mate to juve v chelsea followed by roma v arsenal for a bit of fun) and am ending the holiday by going to madrid to watch the mighty aguilas CF play away to atletico madrids B team having enjoyed being them on this game.

Any one else made purchases or pilgramages to their favourite fm sides (i still look out for rochdale and weymouths results as a result of the game)

Ever since randomly choosing Lorca Deportiva as my lower league team on CM99/00 I've supported them to a certain extent. I used to follow all their games irl on the internet and dreamt of finding their strip somewhere. Recently the missus went to Spain for a holiday and fortunately for me she understands how dear Lorca are to me so she looked high and low for their strip (or so she tells me :p ) but had no luck :(

I fell in love with Sergio Aguero after FM08 and went and got a Atletico shirt with his name and number on it the day after he was crowned world footballer of the year (in the game)

I know this is very sad but the man is a legend in the game

Ever since randomly choosing Lorca Deportiva as my lower league team on CM99/00 I've supported them to a certain extent. I used to follow all their games irl on the internet and dreamt of finding their strip somewhere. Recently the missus went to Spain for a holiday and fortunately for me she understands how dear Lorca are to me so she looked high and low for their strip (or so she tells me :p ) but had no luck :(

randomly enough, lorca count as one of aguilas main rivals.

I did a web search for aguilas and it came up with their club song on youtube (lorca have one on there as well)

Also, villa santa brigida (also in second division B) have a website which mentions an english language shop coming soon, which is impressive seeing as they are one of the worst sides in the division (i would have shopped there if it wasnt for the fact i was useless as their manager and resigned after 3 months!)

last year i had a great time at rochdale and ended up ordering a rochdale scarf and pendant

on 2007, i was manager of Rochdale for a while, loved it tbh and made me keep up to date on how rochdale do!

Tis funny how managing teams makes you like them, ive been manager of quite a few german clubs including Hertha BSC and Wolfsburg and i keep upto date on them. Won the double with Hertha lol!

I fell in love with Sergio Aguero after FM08 and went and got a Atletico shirt with his name and number on it the day after he was crowned world footballer of the year (in the game)

I know this is very sad but the man is a legend in the game

i know how you feel, in my OP i forgot to mention i requested a signed photo of legendary weymouth left winger darren wheeler (which i got and was delighted with- it has pride of place on my wall)

on 2007, i was manager of Rochdale for a while, loved it tbh and made me keep up to date on how rochdale do!

Tis funny how managing teams makes you like them, ive been manager of quite a few german clubs including Hertha BSC and Wolfsburg and i keep upto date on them. Won the double with Hertha lol!

i was gutted last season when rochdale lost in the playoffs!

i know how you feel' date=' in my OP i forgot to mention i requested a signed photo of legendary weymouth left winger darren wheeler (which i got and was delighted with- it has pride of place on my wall)[/quote']

Nice one

I was actually dissappointed when Liverpool were drawn in the same group as Atletico this year in CL

Obviously being a Liverpool fan takes priority but.... (whispers quitely) I secretly did want Atletico to get a couple of draws against us so we could both go through to the next round

Archived