Something to note regarding bosman signings?

Of Taylor and Heskey, both out of contract in June, Bruce said: "Nobody has tried for Ryan and we're in discussions about a new deal with him.

"He knows what we think of him and one thing I won't be doing is selling him.

"With Emile, you can't sign pre-contract agreements with a club in your own country, it wouldn't be legally binding.

"You can do so with a club in another country.

"It's news to me if he has done so with Liverpool. I wouldn't have thought he would have put himself in that position."

Being a Singaporean this is something new to me. Doesn't that mean some tweaking is needed for FM 2010 or even the next patch? On a sidenote, is this something new? Cos can't imagine Si 'missing' out on this rule for such a long time.

This rule is already in 09 that you cant sign a player on a bosman from the same country until a month before his contract ends. If your a differnt country then its 6 months.

Its a new addtion to the rule afaik and hasnt always been the case.

I hope that clarifies what your asking?

I don't know about other European Countries but the English Leagues have had this rule in effect since FM2007 I think it was. It was definately in FM2008 for England and it was very irritating watch another non English team sign up a player you were tracking 5 odd months before you were allowed to approach them.

I don't know about other European Countries but the English Leagues have had this rule in effect since FM2007 I think it was. It was definately in FM2008 for England and it was very irritating watch another non English team sign up a player you were tracking 5 odd months before you were allowed to approach them.

Since they are on an expriring contract these players can often be bought on the cheap.

Since they are on an expriring contract these players can often be bought on the cheap.

And usually if they are on the transfer list a £0 fee will be accepted even if there is still 5 months or so to go on their contract. This is mainly for llm buying players from a division or so above

I will buy them cheap if they are a youngster, under 24 as I'd have to pay compensation (which is thankfully now a lot higher then previous years), but otherwise I'm too tight to spend money on someone I might be able to get for free ;). Comes from managing in lower leagues with mainly no money I guess, biggest club I ever manage is Norwich City FC and they are hardly a massive club.

Archived