Micah Richards - Not That Good

It's called form. The form he was showing warranted the attributes given and got him into the England team. Since then he has gone downhill, so do you lower his attributes or do you assume that he still has the same abilities and his manager is not getting the best out of him?

For my money, if you stick a young centre back in a team that just wants to attack and doesn't think about defending then his form is going to suffer regardless of his abilities because he doesn't have the experience to deal with being overrun. I don't know what his mental attributes are like, but it is the only area that would be under consideration.

It's called form. The form he was showing warranted the attributes given and got him into the England team. Since then he has gone downhill, so do you lower his attributes or do you assume that he still has the same abilities and his manager is not getting the best out of him?

Nothing to do with form, it has everything to do with the fact that he is simply not capable of playing centre half. Put him back into his position of right back, and he'll be good again, as it is a less demanding position and he can manage it.

He is overrated. He is a Championship player at best.

I wouldn't say that but I dont think he is a good centre back, he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. He is a good RB and will only get better if he plays there, the natural successor to Gary Neville for England.

i agree with playmaker, only his mental attributes are probably over rated considering his age aswell as recent form.

physically you cant fault the guy.

it is annoying when you have to fork out £30m+ to get him where as realistically you could probably land him for between £8m and £15m. i regret buying him, not because of him form, he is excellent. but i just feel like i have to play him as i spent so much on him. i usually dont like spending big money on one player. oh well cant complain now.

I'd agree his is a natural DR and not DC, but both Sven and Hughes played him at DC...

On all my Man City saves, I always buy a world-class DC to pair off with Dunne and stick Richards at DR. He always performs brilliantly for me :thup:

its all about potential, hes got the attributes but needs the games and experience, along with a settled manager. would say hes more of a right back for now and then a centre back when he gets a bit older.

he was in amazing form last year, but i wouldnt say hes a world-beater in the game

Archived