How to play online 9.1 <--> 9.2 :@

if you want to play online you need everything to be the same and that includes the same patch

He just said they tried with 9.1 and 9.1, I think.

I can't seem to find a way of having 9.2 and 9.2 working... None of my friends can connect to me, and I can't connect to any of my friends.

No!! That link is incorrect. FM Online is not the same as playing FM networked / multi-player. FM Online is a different game than Football Manager 2009. The forum linked to is for FM Online.

Daddy Yankee, when playing a network game, all parties must use the same patch and database. The solution for you and your friend is to have both of you upgrade to 9.2.

This is because the match engine has changed. Matches involving your team are shown to you using the local match engine, but the result is "verified" using the match engine of the server (host). If the two are using a different match engine, then the host will assume that the other player is cheating, and will force a different result. So, you might think that you had won, 2-1, but on the updated match engine, you lose 0-3. It would be very frustrating, therefore, you are not allowed to connect the networked game that way.

You can still occasionally see this bug if somebody does illicit data modification, either using the pre-game editor or the in-memory editor to alter a player's stats.

No!! That link is incorrect. FM Online is not the same as playing FM networked / multi-player. FM Online is a different game than Football Manager 2009. The forum linked to is for FM Online.

As Kris mentioned, the online game is FM Live, FMO is for network games for FM09 and has nothing to do with the FM Live forums.

OT. You do need to have everything the same, database and the game version.

Archived