activation by phone question.

Hi there i have had a read through the FAQ and known problems but i dont see my issue, im hoping someone can shed some light on this...

after installing the game i selected activate by phone as my work PC has no net access after going through the ridiculously long winded registration process i get to the last screen and then it tells me my game is now activated, GREAT!!! i think, so having previously downloaded the latest patch 9.2.0 and some face packs etc for the PC i am currently using now at home i put then all onto a USB stick so i can update the game etc etc.

and here is my problem/question after updating the game and installing the packs etc i goto run the game and i am presented with the activation screen again, argh!! so i go through it all and finally get the game running, but i have no activated the game twice, does this count as 2 of my 5 activations ? did i have to reactivate the game because i updated to the latest version and if so does that mean i will have to go through the whole process again when any new patches are released..

no i installed the game on my pc at work that has no net access, i had the latest patch and face packs on a usb stick so i could update the game, with me so far :)

ok now after activating the game and being told it was successful i updated the game with the patch 9.2.0 i had on the USB stick and used the face packs etc, then i tried to play the game only for it to tell me that it needed to be activated (again) which i did, so my question(s) are.

1. does the 2 activations i needed to to on this game count as 2 of the 5 licenses ?

2. if not why did i need to activate it twice and will i need to activate the game a 3rd time when the new patch comes out ?

Hi there i have had a read through the FAQ and known problems but i dont see my issue, im hoping someone can shed some light on this...

after installing the game i selected activate by phone as my work PC has no net access after going through the ridiculously long winded registration process i get to the last screen and then it tells me my game is now activated, GREAT!!! i think, so having previously downloaded the latest patch 9.2.0 and some face packs etc for the PC i am currently using now at home i put then all onto a USB stick so i can update the game etc etc.

and here is my problem/question after updating the game and installing the packs etc i goto run the game and i am presented with the activation screen again, argh!! so i go through it all and finally get the game running, but i have no activated the game twice, does this count as 2 of my 5 activations ? did i have to reactivate the game because i updated to the latest version and if so does that mean i will have to go through the whole process again when any new patches are released..

Activating it once was a big enough ordeal - never again! I love FM09 now but if FM10 promises the same issues I should think twice before paying for that saga again (no pun intended!)

Archived