Problem- No Goalkeepers for International Team

Having searched and found nothing, I hope someone can help me.

I have just taken the Ghana National team job to find that there are no Ghanaian goalkeepers on the game (2016)!!!!

Is there anything I can do apart from stick a defender in goal and will regens of ghanaian birth be added, one hopefully being a GK???

Much appreciated

BuryBlade

same thing happened to me on FM08 with Turkey, i waited to see if any regens would come before competitive matches but they didn't so i quit, check if any keepers has Ghana as 2nd nationallity or nearly can gain Ghanian nationallity and chooose them if uncapped

same thing happened to me on FM08 with Turkey, i waited to see if any regens would come before competitive matches but they didn't so i quit, check if any keepers has Ghana as 2nd nationallity or nearly can gain Ghanian nationallity and chooose them if uncapped

Okay mate- thanks for the idea

I ran a search in player search with the parameters of available for Ghana selection but no one came up. Is there anything else I could search to find 2nd nationalities as you said above???

Blade have you tried on player search: "List all players eligible for Ghana"?

Yep- I clicked the tick box search all players eligible to play and parameters of goalkeeper but there are none. I searched all the domestic clubs, only 4 clubs available though but no 'real' keepers- just grey players

I think you might have to restart and make sure that you load all the players\teams form Ghana and I think this should work.

Being on a career save in 2016/17... i wouldnt start again over this small issue but thanks for the tip anyway. If i remember on my new games then i will make sure i add players from certain nations :thup:

Not much you can do. One thing I like to do when managing in a nation like Australia is bring in quality teenagers from overseas so they're eligible for Australia by their early twenties. I've had a quick look though and can't find how many years it takes for Ghanaian citizenship, and I'm not sure how you'd get them to a Ghanaian club anyway. I know it won't solve your immediate problem, but it's another idea when managing nations

Not much you can do. One thing I like to do when managing in a nation like Australia is bring in quality teenagers from overseas so they're eligible for Australia by their early twenties. I've had a quick look though and can't find how many years it takes for Ghanaian citizenship, and I'm not sure how you'd get them to a Ghanaian club anyway. I know it won't solve your immediate problem, but it's another idea when managing nations

There are only 4 ghana clubs on the game and 3 only have grey players. This makes me think that ghanaian regens arent very frequent and i cant add manager any of them anyway :confused:

As you said, i dont think there is anything i can do

The only other you can do is to cheat. Use a save game modifier to either create a few keepers or pick a random keeper who has not played for any team and edit his nationality.

I know it is cheating but it will help you out of your predicament and you can go on and play as Ghana.

The only other you can do is to cheat. Use a save game modifier to either create a few keepers or pick a random keeper who has not played for any team and edit his nationality.

I know it is cheating but it will help you out of your predicament and you can go on and play as Ghana.

Thanks but its not worth messing around with I dont think- i will just quit ghana anyway and manage someone who has a goalkeeper!! That and i dont want to cheat either- im doing a proper career game from unemployed and see where i can get to :)

I understand where you are coming from but IRL Ghana must have some keepers so you are not really cheating (as long as you don't make them super human or edit player nationalities for world class players). Are there no Ghanain teams on FM as they must have Ghanain GK's in their squads.

There are only 4 ghana clubs on the game and 3 only have grey players.

I refer you to my above quote

There are no keepers and as I said i really cant be bothered- if no keepers turn up in the summer then i will quit the job

I loaded all Ghanaian players on my game.

About 10 clubs with full squads as well as regens coming through.

The other 8 or so have a few players but mostly greys.

I'm sure you can get some dual national Dutch and Belgian regens though.

I loaded all Ghanaian players on my game.

About 10 clubs with full squads as well as regens coming through.

The other 8 or so have a few players but mostly greys.

I'm sure you can get some dual national Dutch and Belgian regens though.

Okay. Obviously I would have more players if i had loaded them all in. What do you mean regarding the dutch/belgian players? Are they eligible for Ghana?? Thanks

Archived