Just noticed something odd with Arsenal (not an arsenal hate thread).

As far as I'm aware, for gate receipts & season ticket revenue, doesn't the game just use the 'average' ticket prices for each respectively?

If so, then the cost of attending 19 home games with Arsenal across the season at £42 a game is £798, the cost of a season ticket is £1,510. Now, Arsenal have been successful, so as far as I'm aware ticket prices haven't come down. With Man utd, they haven't had much success, so their normal ticket price has come down, but not their season ticket price.

So the season ticket price which is meant to be a discount on attending each game individually, is almost twice what it would be to buy a matchday ticket. I picked Arsenal because these illustrate the point best.

With my season ticket sales at 30,599 and a season ticket price of £471 I should have brought in 14.1m in season ticket revenue, I brought in 14.3m so theres probably a small other factor that contributes.

My average ticket price is £39 so its £741 a season. Surely its not logical for a club to charge more for a season ticket than it is for 19 stand alone matches. I know in truth prices are tiered, but surely this should be reflected in normal ticket prices too? West ham are other culprits of this, but only around a £50 difference, which isn't too far from Man Utd's figure.

Archived