Huh?! Club value just dropped €2.5 billion over night...

It's 2028 and my Barnet side make money like crazy. We've consistently been the richest club for the past decade. A couple of years ago, we reached an apparent barrier: €2.9B (£2B) - Richest clubs (February 2026).

Despite producing massive profits, net value wouldn't move beyond this point. Now, however, I notice that my club value has dropped to a meager €420M: No explanation from the board about money being set aside. No actual funds have disappeared. My cash reserve is the same as before, approximately €1.5B, and there's no debt.

I know club value is just a cosmetic figure but it really bothers me that I'm not even the richest club anymore!!

Can anyone explain this? Must be a bug.

This is a question I raised long ago, seeing that I always experienced this problem when I made rich Italian clubs.

At around 2.900.000.000, you reach a maximum number. I believe it the maximum integer for how the game is programmet - it could be expanded, but it would make the game slower. Is the highest minimum as well, so I believe if you reach the same number when running at a deficit, it would but turned around as well.

SI have been aware of this problem for a long time. The problem is that if a club is doing realy well financially, eventually they will run into this problem in a long game. I think expanding the integer was out of the question, but I don't remember if Marc Vaughan said they would somehow try to program their way around it, although it wasn't top priority by any means.

Ahh .. sucks not to be able to edit post. Come to think about it, I think SI HAVE done something about it. Back when I reported the problem, the game would actually turn the 2,9 billion into a negativ, meaning you'd be in bottomless depth. Meanwhile, you're a lot better off, still having 420M, which means you have enough money and there will be a while before you reach the maximum limit again with the profit you're making. Of course, 1 billion would probably have been more fair - then you'd had enough money for anything.

That's what I figured. Having read similar posts I just thought that money would be officially set aside by the board once you reached the limit - e.g. by withdrawing a few hundred million. But this hasn't happened in my case.

Fortunately my finances are still very good and the drop probably won't affect the game play.

Archived