Proudest moment on any FM, ever.

My proudest moment was in the Championship play-off semi final a few seasons ago in my FM08 game when I lost the first leg away to Ipswich 2-0 and was 1-0 down at home in the second leg. 3-0 down on aggregate, I pulled it back to win 4-1 on the night, 4-3 overall, courtesy of a last ditch effort from Craig Udall, who is like Beckham in my game!

The pretext to that is that I took over Gillingham a few years before when they were languishing in League One, and I made them even worse and we got relegated to League Two, since then we got better and I got promoted over a few seasons back to the Championship. I made Europe last season (lost in the UEFA Cup final) and finished last season in the Inter Toto Cup spot. So yeah, pretty proud of this career. :thup:

gillswi8.jpg

Had one or two that stand out. FM08 winning back-to-back UEFA Cups with Dinamo Kiev, and FM05 winning back-to-back Champions Leagues with, iirc, Middlesbrough and Celtic. Oh, and on FM07 reaching the Euro 2048 (iirc) final with Wales. That was a holiday game but I played through the Euro championships myself.

Probably my first online game with a friend. We used his database, and he had been a little sneaky and edited all the best players in the game into his squad. I beat him 3 - 0 with Spurs. I have the screencap buried on Photobucket somewhere. Always brings a smile to my face when I see it.

Probably for me taking Lorca Deportiva from the depths of Spanish football to the Champions league quarter finals where we were beaten in the first leg by Inter Milan on CM99/00. Players of CM99/00 will remember Haruna Babangida and Salilou Lassissi who helped me get there. Unfortunately my save became corrupt after that first leg and I was, of course, destroyed. I think I still have the save game burnt onto a CD somewhere in the house in case I ever try to resurrect my most memorable, proudest and enjoyable FM career to date

For me, iirc on FM07, getting the Cardiff job offered (and accepted), avoided relegation and with in 6 seasons Cardiff was an established top half Premier League club and getting European football every other year and have won one league and FA cup during the 7 years I was the boss (did get promoted thru the playoffs).

I remember on FM07 taking the N.Ireland job as some of my best club players were from there. I guided them to the 2024 Euro championship semis with a big game against England. We were 1-0 down in the 60th minute when my centre back got sent off after giving away a penalty - game over. But my keeper saved and with 10 minutes left we grabbed an equiliser to take it to extra time. Then in the 120th minute my star striker nodded in the winner to send us to the final, couldn't believe it :)

And then we lost to Spain in the final, but that's not the point :D

mine (ill dig out a screeny tonight) but beating Arsenal to win my First Premier league title with Sunderland with only one game remaining, knowing a win would get me the title but a defeat would put arsenal top on goal difference with them facing whipping boys Q.P.R. and me facing top 6 side Chelsea

i take it you play him as a winger rather than a striker looking at his goals.

My proudest moment was on 08, winning the Uefa cup with Leeds in 2016.

I also won the CL with Leeds, but that was after extensive editing and starting them in the PL with a dream team, just to see how quickly ultimate success could happen. Answer: a treble in season two :-)

Mine is this, checking through players with no club on FM 2006 and finding a young Italian kid who had never had a club before. Brought him to my Gillingham side and watched him flourish into the one of the worlds best players.

EDIT: thread title should be "any".

Marconi.jpg

Wow that kid is seriously good, except for his awful determination (no tutoring in FM06?). I had something similar on CM0304 - I found an unattatched Egyptian striker (guess his name) who took my division 2 Wednesday side to top of the premiership. Once he began to fade I managed to replace him with an unattatched regen striker I found with awesome stats. After a year in my reserves I unleashed this 18 year old on the premiership and Europe and he tore defences to shreads, culminating in him scoring in my CL final victory.

Taking Leyton Orient through from the old Third Division to winning in Europe over 8 seasons in CM2 or 95-96 version - Bjorn Heidenstrom and a young lad called Michael Owen who joined as a 16 year old making all the difference!

FM 06 - when I was Oxford Utd and at the start of 1 season this lad came through my youth academy called Anthony Fuller. I nurtured him like a father and saw him destroy defences with his pace, finishing and composure. My proudest moment was when he was called up to the England squad and scored on his debut.

Gutted I've lost that save-game; it was the best I've ever had on any FM.

Mine is this, checking through players with no club on FM 2006 and finding a young Italian kid who had never had a club before. Brought him to my Gillingham side and watched him flourish into the one of the worlds best players.

EDIT: thread title should be "any".

Marconi.jpg

Sorry for off-topic, but "release media story?"

Never seen that before, what's that all about? (Other than releasing media stories, I mean)

ill give u an opposite, fm 08 i built a brill arsenal side dominated for five years in england but one trophey i cudnt get, the champ league i lost final twice. then went to chelsea were my own team that i built arsenal beat me in the chmps legue final my first season like it wasnt ment to be..

Archived