Transferring Save Game...

I want to transfer my save game over to my laptop from my PC. I tried putting the save game into a .zip and .rar file then uploading to a website like RapidShare, but when I downloaded it on my laptop it said the file was corrupted.

Is there anyway I can transfer it over except using some sort of removeable storage, which I don't have.

Thanks

Yes mate. Very much quicker and easier than using external website as well.

Presumably you have a wireless network at home? If yes - this method works well.

Grab this: http://filezilla-project.org/

Its an FTP server. Install the server on the machine you want the files to go from e.g. desktop PC and the client on the Laptop.

Fire it up ...

Find the server (desktop) PC's ip address by typing ipconfig in the command prompt (Run > CMD) and off you go ..

Alternatively you could use a remote desktop app. There's a few to choose from. :thup:

You should also be able to put FM onto an external hard drive if you have one and then drag your saved file onto that then just load it onto your new machine!

Doh! Mental note to myself, read the OP first! Sorry MeekoHFC!

By the way you cand buy a big enough USB stick now for very little money! just a thought.

I want to transfer my save game over to my laptop from my PC. I tried putting the save game into a .zip and .rar file then uploading to a website like RapidShare, but when I downloaded it on my laptop it said the file was corrupted.

Is there anyway I can transfer it over except using some sort of removeable storage, which I don't have.

Thanks

burn it to a disc, this works fine in my experience

Archived