The "small" cheat you don't mind

There are some big and small cheats in the game. The big ones, I consider are massive data editing, quit-and-reload, or adding manager on the opposition side. I have no problem with people doing this as it's their game and they do whatever they want, as long as they enjoy it. They paid for the game!

But there are also smaller cheats and exploits, which I don't see too much wrong in. This will be things like pausing the game to make tactical changes. I don't mind because IRL, although managers don't get to pause the game, it takes them less than 5 minutes to make decisions on tactics, while in game that's how long it could take if you're not careful.

But my favorite, which I've been doing for a couple versions now is a small data editing. Being an Arsenal fan and always use Arsenal to test the new version, I edit to have Dennis Bergkamp in my coaching team, teaching Ball Control :D

So...do any of you do these smaller cheats and exploits, which you think most people wouldn't mind since they're not too influential?

You say you against massive editing? Yet you edit Begkamp in? Big or small, its still editing. Its your gig though.

He says he adds him as a coach to teach ball control (as that is what he was quite good at when playing) so it's not that bad lol

As you mentioned it is his game so you can do what ever you wants to do. I would say that any data editing is cheating however small or large. A small edit would be to wipe out Man United's debt but it makes a massive difference.

Just play it how you want to, you bought it.

exactly its played how you want i know people who use ingame editors to remove injuries, improve moral and pump more cash into his chelsea side, its his game he plays as he wants, i also know someone who edits stats by a few points to what he thinks is realistic for his team, cheating is only cheating in the eye of the person doing it in this game, if you feel its cheating then it is. But alot of people seem to grasp now that you buy the game you play it however you want, if you want to edit the likes of messi into Luton town its upto you it effects no one else here so we have no right to judge.

But my favorite, which I've been doing for a couple versions now is a small data editing. Being an Arsenal fan and always use Arsenal to test the new version, I edit to have Dennis Bergkamp in my coaching team, teaching Ball Control :D

Hehe, I do that too. Also add a few other legends. I reckon my greatest crime is nicking Tony Adams from Portsmouth and making him my Assistant. That, and making all my coaching staff seven stars of course.

arsenalry2.th.jpg

The more you reveal Gaffovski the bigger the cheating!

Only editing I've done is tranfers etc, but when I play a network game with a mate we give each team the same amount of money and create ourselves as good youngsters - just to add a bit of fun.

When I played a network game with a guy at Uni I discovered his amazing managerial skill was down to an in-game editor, not happy!

I edit players abilities that I think deserve a better PA, but I have the strict policy never to buy them. For example: I gave Moussa Dembélé a PA of 200, just for funsies, and although I realise 200 is ridiculous, I am convinced he deserves about 175. Now he's a star at Real Madrid, my archrivals, but that doesn't bother me, it actually pleases me to see him being a world class attacker.

I renamed a regen player with about the same face as mine after myself, made him a left back/winger and gave him stats comparable to those I would have if I was a pro and should I have a PA of 195 ;)

I will also not buy 'myself' because I know that this player has a very high PA, but I am looking forward to encountering him in a CL final someday in the FM future.

I also edited my coaches, but now I've heard the stars don't matter, just as long the training workload isn't high it's all the same...

If, after an international competition, I don't get or want any of the available international jobs, I'll look at the smaller teams who never sack their manager to see if they would hire me if this was real life, and add a new user if they would.

I haven't done it yet though.

I rarely edit unless it's within specific rules, which I usually do when I'm bored with the game as-is, usually around March/April time. I'll play around with things like giving every club in the Champ and Prem an even £2billion bank balance and £200million transfer budgets. Just to see what happens. Or starting the big four with £zero balances, again to see what happens.

VERY rarely I'll correct ridiculous attributes such as toning down Rooney and Adebayor in FM08, although still keeping them world class. I'd increase Rooney's aggression and tone down his anticipation and composure (he has never been a 40 goal a season striker), and reduce Adebayor's finishing to the 14 I reckon is about right. I won't spend stupid amounts of time doing this, just to the players who consistently over/under-perform, and even then not until I've played the game a few months. Not done any on '09 yet, though.

i dont need to cheat, i can take it on the chin ;)

my first season in the prem, it went down to the last game of the season, i needed to win and Birmingham needed to lose for me to stay up, i lost 4-2 to Birmingham 3 games left to go, i could have reloaded as i could the last game, i lost 1-0 to Spurs and i went down 3 point's adrift.

can't turn back time IRL

This is the "only" cheat I allow myself. If I'm managing a low level team and my chairman doesn't let me hire a new coach, I go looking for old players who have a profile staff. I hire them as players, and as soon as they accept and are in my team I offer them a player/coach contract.

i edit 1962 pele to play up front for my Havant & Waterlooville side

i also pretend his made of gold and imperveous to erectile dysfunction

to be honest its become less of a cheat, and more of some weird gold encrusted pele fantasy

I think you have serious issues :eek:;)

I must admit I edit as well simply to add my 2 sons in at 14 and 16 with a high PA for the team I am going to manage and develop them.

Did this for 08 as well and the board sold my oldest to Madrid and youngest to Chelsea when they were quite young lol

Some of the die-hards would consider this cheating, but I never play a game with attributes masked. It just annoys me since a simple scout report can reveal all to me anyway, and I like being able to search players by attributes. Unrealistic as hell, but I just don't have the time to go manually scouting in as much depth as I used to

I also sometimes pause the match to edit tactics, though not always.

And I screen through the regens by using the player search option and scout the most expensive regens for world-beater talents. Maybe not even cheating (any discussion about whether or not somethign is cheating is the pinnacle of pointlessness) but quite unrealistic.

I put the coaches that will accept it onto assistant manager contracts so I can employe mre coaching staff, it's cheating but i still have to pay higher wages and 9x out of 10 I end up with one of the assistant managers who is useless at giving in match feedback and press conferences so it balances out I reckon.

btw, I wouldn't be surprised if theses 'little cheats' now get taken out of 9.3.0 :)

i edit 1962 pele to play up front for my Havant & Waterlooville side

i also pretend his made of gold and imperveous to erectile dysfunction

to be honest its become less of a cheat, and more of some weird gold encrusted pele erection fantasy

I'll add the missing word mate!

Archived