Man City Relegated 1st Season **Player Naming Inside**

11643325ae5.jpg

When I saw that they had lost their first 10 matches I thought they'd turn it around due to the quality of the players, but they never did. Now they're desperate to sell all their star players after spending 123M pounds on players during the season. I've put in a bid for Micah Richards after they offered him to me for just 14.1M pounds, and am looking at a few others.

I guess they never gelled. Still a bit unlucky. I think I was the next biggest spender in the Premier League, with about half that of Man City, having sold most of my original squad and with only King and Bale left in my 1st team. Finished 2nd after leading the league for most of the second half of the season, only giving up the lead in the 3rd or 4th last game. Oh well.

Here's my team and what I paid, for those that are interested..

GK: O.Ustari - 2.8M

DL: G.Bale

DR: N.Onuoha - 2.9M

DC: L.King (captain)

DC: C.Zapata - 13M

DMC: M.Veloso - 10.25M

MC: G.Inler (v.captain) - 13.75M

MC: E.Enoh - 4.8M

AML: S.Sinclair - 8.5M

AMR: G.dos Santos

ST: V.Obinna/A.Gyan - 4.6/9.75M

S1 -GK: Gomes

S2 -DLR: J.Boateng - 5.5M

S3 -DLRC/MC: V.Corluka

S5 -DC/DMC/MC: O.Chyzov - 725k

S4 -DMC/MC: Emerson/J.De Guzman - Ln fee 140k/1.1M

S6 -AMLRC: L.Modric

S7 -AMLR/ST: A.Gyan/V.Obinna

I'm going to sell Bale, Corluka, and maybe Modric, as they don't really fit into my gameplan.

Just a question.. I'd like to raise Onuoha's his composure.. Will tutoring do the job, and which option is best for that, and what kind of increase could I expect in that attribute from tutoring?

Either "Adopt his approach to the game" or "Ideal teacher". Tutoring raises atts pretty well. Unfortunately, 'composure' isn't one of them. Try 'shooting' in the training setup. Gooch is quality....

Thanks.

Who's Gooch?

[

Is that the Enoh from Ajax? HOw is he doing in your save, I am currently playin with Ajax and he struggeling to get in to the first 11, he maily get sub apperances and in easy cup games, or games that doesn't matter.

Is that the Enoh from Ajax? HOw is he doing in your save, I am currently playin with Ajax and he struggeling to get in to the first 11, he maily get sub apperances and in easy cup games, or games that doesn't matter.

Yep, Eyong Enoh. Got him in the January transfer window. Seems to be doing well, 6.87 from 18 games. I like man-marking midfielders who are strong and he fits the bill perfectly. When I bought him the fans were unsure, but they're happy enough now.

11643325ae5.jpg

When I saw that they had lost their first 10 matches I thought they'd turn it around due to the quality of the players, but they never did. Now they're desperate to sell all their star players after spending 123M pounds on players during the season. I've put in a bid for Micah Richards after they offered him to me for just 14.1M pounds, and am looking at a few others.

I guess they never gelled. Still a bit unlucky. I think I was the next biggest spender in the Premier League, with about half that of Man City, having sold most of my original squad and with only King and Bale left in my 1st team. Finished 2nd after leading the league for most of the second half of the season, only giving up the lead in the 3rd or 4th last game. Oh well.

Here's my team and what I paid, for those that are interested..

GK: O.Ustari - 2.8M

DL: G.Bale

DR: N.Onuoha - 2.9M

DC: L.King (captain)

DC: C.Zapata - 13M

DMC: M.Veloso - 10.25M

MC: G.Inler (v.captain) - 13.75M

AML: S.Sinclair - 8.5M

AMR: G.dos Santos

ST: V.Obinna/A.Gyan - 4.6/9.75M

S1 -GK: Gomes

S2 -DLR: J.Boateng - 5.5M

S3 -DLRC/MC: V.Corluka

S5 -DC/DMC/MC: O.Chyzov - 725k

S4 -DMC/MC: Emerson/J.De Guzman - Ln fee 140k/1.1M

S6 -AMLRC: L.Modric

S7 -AMLR/ST: A.Gyan/V.Obinna

I'm going to sell Bale, Corluka, and maybe Modric, as they don't really fit into my gameplan.

Just a question.. I'd like to raise Onuoha's his composure.. Will tutoring do the job, and which option is best for that, and what kind of increase could I expect in that attribute from tutoring?

Any chance you could upload the save? I fancy playing with Man City in the Championship, Could be a laugh!

Man City are doing quality in my save...

23 games in, and they're leading Liverpool and United by 1 and 2, respectively...

Oh, wait, I'm managing City. :D

But, yeah, they usually finish about 9th(which is their original media prediction anyway).

They start of brilliant, and then struggle around Christmas. Around February they drop a lot, then pull it back in the last 5 games or so...

Noticed that Man City got relegated on are network game and then managed to take the championship by storm with 112pts the following season with a squad good enough for Ueffa cup football. I was however viewing this from league 2 and league 1 so didn't really look at them in much detail so couldn't tell you there players or anything.

Nice one Man City relegated thats a classic, I wonder how it will pan out next season.

I'll let you know.

How about a screenie of the Man City squad?

83187416rs0.jpg

Don't sell Bale! I got him and he develops pretty fast and turns onto a very, very good and dependable player. He's World class material.

True, but he doesn't fit the type of player I'm looking for at FB which is basically a DC (like Onuoha). I have them both set to "no forward runs" and I think that's the main reason for my defensive record (18 conceded from 38 PL games).

Actually, the only reason I haven't sold him already is that I'm having trouble finding DLC that fits the bill (plenty of DRC out there though). I've got Boateng but I prefer to play him off the bench. Might use Onuoha on the left side.

More interestingly, who have Man City signed?

Y.Zhirkov - 12.5M

M.Hamsik - 18M

D.Srna - 18.25M

C.Obasi - 14.5M

V.Enyeama - 110k

J.Woodgate - 12M

L.Diarra - 21M

O.Martins - 13M

N.Kranjca - 13.75M

Indeed any chance you could upload the save?
hi justind can you please upload the save as it sounds like a good challenge to get man city back into the epl lol.

If I do, it'll have to be next month. I don't know what my remaining quota is or how it works exactly but I think it's gonna be tight as to whether I'm in the black this month. Just earring on the side of caution as I'm not the only person who uses this connection.

I'm not sure if tutoring will improve composure (in fact, I'm not sure what tutoring can improve at all - it's not really clear).

Composure falls under the 'shooting' training category, believe it or not - you can read in to that what you want about how important composure is to defenders ('defending' training covers tackling, marking and concentration), but I've seen some people argue that it's still a crucial stat.

This is one of the problems with the training module, at the moment (see also crossing being in the 'set pieces' category). Certain attributes are grouped with others which may not be of any use to the player you're trying to train. I tend to avoid wingers who need to improve their crossing because of this, but hopefully it's something which can be developed for future versions.

Wow you must have had a big effect on the league, every single game iv seen of FM09 where there is no player team in the Premier LEague Arsenal win it by a mile, they didnt even get CL on this game

I'm not sure what happened to them. I remember one particular game where they lost 2-5 to Bolton. Also, they lost to Man Utd in the CL semi.

Archived