Staff stats

I jumped on FM09 from FM07, are the important stats for the staff still the same?

Like coaches: motivation, discipline, youth

Assistant: management, tactical Knowledge, adaptability

Scout: Determination, tactical Knowledge

Even though I loaded a large database I'm having trouble finding scouts with at least 15-15-15 (JA/JP/TK). I guess the game is getting more difficult

I jumped on FM09 from FM07, are the important stats for the staff still the same?

Like coaches: motivation, discipline, youth

Assistant: management, tactical Knowledge, adaptability

Scout: Determination, tactical Knowledge

Even though I loaded a large database I'm having trouble finding scouts with at least 15-15-15 (JA/JP/TK). I guess the game is getting more difficult

Yeah the game plays pretty identical to 07 so you shouldnt have any problems. Once you play for a while new staff will become available. Also make sure you are patched to 9.0.2

The stats on players have been reduced, which is excellent, since some mediocre players in previous versions could have 20 on a number of stats. Now a 20 really means you're among the very best in the world for that stat, so a player like Messi with 20 dribbling, agility, technique and ball control is really, really unique. There won't be another 30 players just like him eventually.

The same goes (in a lesser way though) for scouts and good coaches, although it seems (to me) that generated staff are extraordinary good in what they do: in the beginning there were only about 3 scouts with 19 or 20 on both judging PA and CA, now there are like 15 (game is in 2012).

Most of my staff are local regens. They all have 20 in certain areas.

I agree with that - first couple of seasons, I couldn't get new staff with much beyond 15 in their vital stats. Now into season 5, did a search and bam - a dozen or more staff available (unemployed) with 20's everywhere needed (eg 2 coaching stats, + working with youngsters)

To be honest though, I haven't seen much (if any) difference in performance from the 15 rated staff to the 20 rated ones. However - there is a NOTICEABLE difference between someone rated 9 and 19 (my assman has 9 JAb and one of my coaches has 19 - and gives totally different star ratings for everyone)

Archived