Young Players Not Willing to Move to Bigger Clubs

Hey Everyone,

I’ll start by saying that I’m playing FM07 (coz I think it’s the greatest game ever made, sorry FM08&FM09!).

I’m playing as Suwon in the K-League and have won the league 4 out of the last 6 seasons, in the final of the ACL for the 3rd consecutive season, and am generally doing well in the cups (only 2 wins, but regularly in the semis) so I’m doing quite well and the club is getting quite a reputation.

As an Australian manager I am biased towards the young Aussies who come through my youth program (6 at present, all playing either occasionally for me, or on loan to a feeder club in the National League).

In the K-League you are only allowed 3 foreigners in the side, and as my Brazilian striker has just taken South Korean as a 2nd nationality it has freed up a spot for me.

I put in an offer for a 19yr old DRLC/DM Australian plying his trade for Marconi in the NSW State League which is semi-pro. He is earning $150AUD per week and there is no interest in him from any of the A-League teams (God knows why as he has very good stats for someone his age). Marconi accepted my $40,000AUD + friendly offer; however the player states he doesn’t want to come to me! Why not?

I am offering him a squad rotational contract earning $5,500AUD a week, he will play a lot as very few South Koreans are decent DR/DLs, most are WBR/WBL which I don’t use.

This doesn’t make sense; surely playing in a professional league for a side that has played in the World Club Championship (best finish 3rd) would at least put him in a great position to move to a bigger club than playing for Marconi who may get a friendly game against Sydney FC at best.

I managed to sign a young American/Mexican striker from Real Salt Lake who had great stats, was 21 when signed, and 2 years later he is still at the club and doing amazing, but attracting interest from a Belgian and Dutch club.

I should also state that I’m the Australian coach and if this kid was playing professional football I would consider calling him up for 1 of my upcoming friendlies.

Has anyone else had this happen, if I keep bugging him will he sign, or should I give up and take the 18 yr old Brazilian that I know wants to play with me and is very similar in stats (just not Aussie)

Cheers guys.

Hey Everyone,

I’ll start by saying that I’m playing FM07 (coz I think it’s the greatest game ever made, sorry FM08&FM09!).

I’m playing as Suwon in the K-League and have won the league 4 out of the last 6 seasons, in the final of the ACL for the 3rd consecutive season, and am generally doing well in the cups (only 2 wins, but regularly in the semis) so I’m doing quite well and the club is getting quite a reputation.

As an Australian manager I am biased towards the young Aussies who come through my youth program (6 at present, all playing either occasionally for me, or on loan to a feeder club in the National League).

In the K-League you are only allowed 3 foreigners in the side, and as my Brazilian striker has just taken South Korean as a 2nd nationality it has freed up a spot for me.

I put in an offer for a 19yr old DRLC/DM Australian plying his trade for Marconi in the NSW State League which is semi-pro. He is earning $150AUD per week and there is no interest in him from any of the A-League teams (God knows why as he has very good stats for someone his age). Marconi accepted my $40,000AUD + friendly offer; however the player states he doesn’t want to come to me! Why not?

I am offering him a squad rotational contract earning $5,500AUD a week, he will play a lot as very few South Koreans are decent DR/DLs, most are WBR/WBL which I don’t use.

This doesn’t make sense; surely playing in a professional league for a side that has played in the World Club Championship (best finish 3rd) would at least put him in a great position to move to a bigger club than playing for Marconi who may get a friendly game against Sydney FC at best.

I managed to sign a young American/Mexican striker from Real Salt Lake who had great stats, was 21 when signed, and 2 years later he is still at the club and doing amazing, but attracting interest from a Belgian and Dutch club.

I should also state that I’m the Australian coach and if this kid was playing professional football I would consider calling him up for 1 of my upcoming friendlies.

Has anyone else had this happen, if I keep bugging him will he sign, or should I give up and take the 18 yr old Brazilian that I know wants to play with me and is very similar in stats (just not Aussie)

Cheers guys.

Hey mate, good to see another aussie on the board. Younger players have a reluctance to move overseas a fair bit in my game, it may come down to the language barrier, other offers he is considering and how happy he is at the club, another reason is they find it hard to leave (why would anyone wanna leave Australia ;)). I usually get the same old "doesnt feel he is ready for a move at the time, and feels he still has lots to learn". What I would do is keep him on your radar and the next time his contract comes up for renewal make a swoop and try and lure him in.

i don't think he has a high loyalty rating, he jumped from the NSWIS to the AIS at 17, then Marconi at 18, he's been there approx. 18 months, and his fav club is actually Newcastle Utd (the EPL one, not the Jets!) I'd understand the language thing, but my manager is Aussie, and there are already a few Australians playing for the club, and 1 at Ulsan (I bought Sarkies in but he was 3 types of sh*t so sold him to Ulsan were he's doing ok), so we are slowly invading!

oh well, looks like i'll have to take the young Brazilian, hopefully my Chinese midfielder will take the citizenship, he's up for it at the end of the season (he's been at my club for 2 years, and was at Deagu for 3 before that). Oh, and if you're using FM07, Chen Tao a young Chinese MRC is great, get him young! Cost me $2.5M to buy, but Deagu got him for $500K!

Archived