Hardest League To Manage In

It depends what you mean by hardest. All leagues are hard depending on who you manage.

I guess what I mean is what league is the most even and doesnt have a run away winner every season like in Scotland. I know that Australia is very even but it only had 8 teams and I lose interest in that too quick.

A-League (Australia) and the MLS would in my opinion be the toughest for the simple reason that they have a salary cap in place which prevents any club from becoming a dominant force like the top 4 in the EPL. For example, irl Newcastle Jets were the premiers last year but this year struggle to keep out of last place. However it's actually due to the salary cap (as well as restrictions on foreigners) that the league becomes very easy in time. AI clubs offer too many players relatively huge salaries that means they exceed the cap, or sign too many foreigners, and therefore can't be registered. So in a few years I find clubs with high quality players ineligible for all competitive games and wasting club funds. I haven't tried the MLS but I would assume it would be quite similar to that. The drafting system in place there may also be a good, new and challlenging learning experience

I would say the EPL is the hardest i have managed alot of teams on seperate saves in the epl apart from the big four and it is such a hard legue to compete it and i also found it very surprising with the gulf of difference between managing in the championship and winning the league and tring to servive in the epl is so hard. another hard league is coca coca league 2

I would say the English Championship,any team can beat any other team on any given day,try managing a team that is predicted to finsh around half-way and get them promoted,is a very nice challenge,then of course you have the challenge of the Premiership.

The English Premiership has got to be the most frustrating league that I've played in so far. That's merely because every goalkeeper puts in a man of the match performance against me when I'm playing them. The computer must be like "Oh, it's Chelsea. Let's **** them over!". :p There's nothing worse than a 0-0 draw after you've had 13 shots on goal and 11 have been on target. :mad:

Try Slovenian league. It's sucks playing there even if you manage to be super good players will constantly leave you for so called bigger clubs although you're way better. I played 10 seasons there and I was league champion for 6 straight seasons won 7 league cups I also managed to get to CL semifinals once and i got to quarterfinals twice and in the last season i got to the finals of UEFA cup and my players were still unhappy and wanted to leave for bigger clubs only to transfer to some crappy second divisions in Israel, Romania, Ukraine and to crappy clubs that weren't even playing European football. What the hell is up with that anyway. You go out of the club that 100% guarantee Champions League football only to play for Malmo, Sigma Olomuc, Osnabruck, Jerusalem and other crappy clubs that aren't even close to playing in Europe. Yeah it's every players dream to transfer from respected European club to crappy team.

Plus the league is even and balanced.

Some lower league in Brazil, It is very hard to bring such a team al the way to the top.
The Brazilian National Third Division, only 4 promotion places from 128 teams.

That was the reason I mentioned lower league in Brazil, can take forever to get promotion.

That was the reason I mentioned lower league in Brazil, can take forever to get promotion.

It really aint that hard. My team wasnt supposed to get past the first group stage and I won the 3rd Division and the Potiguar State (vs a couple of 2nd division teams) thanks to how easy it is to find players. Loads of unemployed brazilian players around...

League Two is easy, but agree that the EPL is very realistically modelled to be a distinct distance from the championship. Even for a good FM-er, its quite possible to do a Derby if you don't manage things quite right. I often find bringing in waves of new players doesn't work until the second season, but there we go.

Try playing by LLM rules in Scotland Div 3. For a start, when you send your scouts out, they find only a few players to recommend and those seem to be just as dreadful as the ones you have playing for you already if not worse....:(

It really aint that hard. My team wasnt supposed to get past the first group stage and I won the 3rd Division and the Potiguar State (vs a couple of 2nd division teams) thanks to how easy it is to find players. Loads of unemployed brazilian players around...

Try the bottom tier in Turkey, similar crazy structure & only Turkish nationals are allowed in your squad.

Spanish lower leagues arent that hard from my experience on FM07 i managed Rayo Majahado (something like that) who were expected to come bottom but got mid table with ease, but it is hard when you get players like Diego Tristan in the B teams you come up against, and you have really bad players

Portuguese First Division with Trofense. Dunno what's wrong with SI or the researchers but Trofense has a reputation lower than some BSN/BSS clubs (1500). Try to get good players with that :p

To be fair this is the first time I've heard of Trofense and I think I'd have a lot more chance recognising a BSN/BSS club.

Spanish lower leagues arent that hard from my experience on FM07 i managed Rayo Majahado (something like that) who were expected to come bottom but got mid table with ease, but it is hard when you get players like Diego Tristan in the B teams you come up against, and you have really bad players

Whilst B teams can make it tough they're often ineligible for promotion. I remember coming in some ridiculously low position in the league once and still making the playoffs because there were about 6 B teams in the top 8

Which is the most competitive English league instead ?

Probably the Championship. You've got always teams who just relagated from the EPL and then there are teams who just got a ticket from League one to the Championship. The Championship is therefore really unbalanced but challenging at the same time.

Try the bottom tier in Turkey, similar crazy structure & only Turkish nationals are allowed in your squad.

Its not that crazy structure, basically boils down to 3 promoted from 54 clubs (of which I just became champions). The bit about only Turkish nationals is simply not true because the rule is 0 non-turkic nation players, meaning you are allowed, Turkish, Azeri, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek and Turkmen players.

Still the Brazilian 3rd division is trickier since then its up to 128 teams fighting it out. The hardest though is a league with lots of teams, some of which are professional, some semi-pro and you at one of the amateur ones. I've seen this in the Norwegian 2nd division leaving you rather struggling to keep onto any quality :D

To be fair this is the first time I've heard of Trofense and I think I'd have a lot more chance recognising a BSN/BSS club.

TBF Id have a lot more chance of recognizing a 4th tier spanish club or a BSS/BSN club than an Australian 1st tier club as well (I only know Adelaide Utd :p). You live in other continent and if you pay attention to other leagues ofc you'll pay more attention to the english league.

Still its too low, specially considering the reps of Belgium clubs (Belgium clubs are really weak in european competitions and still they have an high league standard and above average club rep in game)

im american i never played any other league but MLS and i think the MLS is like blah its not all exciting and it can be tough...not many international competitions being in the mls unless you win the league or in the top 3 then you got some other competitions...but i wanna play in the premiership...i just think relegation and promotion is fun...hell i would even play in the league 1 or 2 doesnt matter...but i love draft picks tho

Archived