How to play with a laptop ?

Hello,

As 9.2 goes out I'm wondering buying the game to continue my long fm story that began with championship manager 2

Issue is that I only have a laptop to play with. Performances with demo are OK (asus U3S with nvidia video card and 2 Gb memory)

My question is when you install the game, you register it, do you still need cd to launch the game ?

As my laptop hasn't a built in cd drive it ould be quite difficult.

I'm going to australia for my work and I would like to play in the plane and I don't want to take with me my external cd drive.

Final question, if I buy a used game on ebay, will I be able to register it ? meaning if the guy that bought the game before me has already registered it, won't this cause an issue ?

Many thanks for your help

Don't buy a used game whatever you do, buy a new one. The reason being whoever you buy the game from may have used all 5 seats and then your buggered.

And once you install and resgister the game you dont need the disc again, I use a laptop to play fm09 an dhave had no issues what so ever.

hi mate u dont need the cd drive to play the game just top authenticate it and as for ebay id be careful before buying from there as ive had about people buying the game but then not being able to play due to the seller having used all five installes.

hope that helped if you have any more questions id e happy to help

Thanks !

This is good news for the cd drive.

Now I have to ask the guy from whom I made my bid at ebay if he hadn't used all 5 installs.

I don't like these limitations... It was a mess when I had to install vista for the 3rd time on a different computer....

yer like i say i wouldnt trust ebay what kind of recomendation does the seller have and just be careful because the last thing that you want is to have parted with your hard earned money and then not be able to play the game. and by the way the game will play fine on your system and your specs are better then mine an i can play with a fair few leagues loaded up.

once again if you need any help im happy to help ya out

Thanks !

This is good news for the cd drive.

Now I have to ask the guy from whom I made my bid at ebay if he hadn't used all 5 installs.

I don't like these limitations... It was a mess when I had to install vista for the 3rd time on a different computer....

hahaha he's gonna tell you he aint but if i were you i would buy a brand new copy. Your taking a big risk buying a second hand game from someone. You can buy the game now for around £17.99 now brand heck the brand new ones Here

Amazon

Oh it's that cheap in UK !

Here in Paris it's about 40 GBP !! Even at amazon.fr because amazon.co.uk doesn't deliver in france :(

I have to check the price in steam, but won't I need to be connected to launch the game each time ?

Oh it's that cheap in UK !

Here in Paris it's about 40 GBP !! Even at amazon.fr because amazon.co.uk doesn't deliver in france :(

I have to check the price in steam, but won't I need to be connected to launch the game each time ?

Urm am sure once you download the game you can launch the game without Steam can someone with Steam confirm this at all...........

i dont have steam but im pretty sure that itll be like all other games that you download and once its downloaded and installed you wont need to be connected to the internet when you play the game plus one of the advantages of steam is that the patches get downloaded automatically to the game.

i dont think so because then 2 people will have the same code so then theyll both be trying to play the game so id either but it from amazon or play.com or the easier an quicker option is to buy from steam and then you can be playing 2nyte

If you have steam installed and donwloaded the game, the game will be installed here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

Then in the Football Manager 2009 folder find the fm.exe and create a shortcut to your desktop, now you don;t ahve to have steam active to play the game.

Archived