"Rushing out" vs speed/acceleration

What effect do these stats have on goalkeepers? I have a young keeper with frightening pace and acceleration, but only 7 for rushing out, so what does this mean? Surely if he's that quick he'd be good at it? Or is the rushing out stat about ability to read the situation/confidence to rush out rather than the speed he comes out?

Anyone know?

I think it's safe to conclude that it has nothing do to with the speed, since, as you mention, there are other attributes that define this. It simply defines his ability to rush out. So, with a low attribute, he will probably time it worse, misjudge the situation, dive wrongly to get the ball. I'm sure the pace and acceleration of your goalkeeper will help to improve this a bit, but it will still be a weakness.

I'd love to know as well. Loads of the regen keepers are like that. My keeper is the fastest player in the squad but my assistant manager says his main weakness is rushing out...

I'm just imagining all these crazed, rabid goalkeepers sprinting blindly around the pitch, for no reason... 'Well, you see, they have a problem with their rushing out attribute. They can't help it'...

It's like there's a mutant goalie gene that only affects their legs and frontal cortex.

AbsoluteGenius, are you certain that 'rushing out' is just a tendency? I would think eccentrity would do something similar to that - cause the goalkeeper to pull som straight moves. I cannot really see where a tendency to rush out would fit in.

Also, then it wouldn't detract CA points. I believe it does.

Surely rushing out is a keepers ability to do that well? He may get there quickly which might cover for his inability to judge when to rush out and when not to but he may rush out too often for which speed is not particularly useful. I've been pondering this issue myself as older goalkeepers physical stats decline would it hinder their ability to rush out? I suppose it would.

Actually, if you create a really bad keeper but 20 in rushing out, you'll easily understand what the attribute is for by reading the coach report, it'll be under "strength." It's actually for sweeping up the through passes made in behind the defense. So during the games, when the keeper come out to intercept through balls, that's when they're using their rushing out abilities. It's not crosses as someone think it is. That's the aerial ability attribute.

I employ a 'sweeper keeper', so pace/acc and rushing out are key attributes for me, along with decisions. In my experience, the higher the RO attribute, the more likely he is to do it, so in that respect it's more like a PPM. I'd imagine a keeper with high RO and low pace/acc bombing out to clear a long passs with a pacey striker bearing down on him would be a disaster.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Nothing conclusive but some probable ideas!

On a related note, I've noticed that a lot of promising young keepers have a low rushing out, compared to high reflexes and handling, would it be fair to say this is one stat that develops late compared with some others? Why do the young goalkeepers that my scouts recommend all have high reflexes, handling and aerial ability but comparatively low stats in other important areas?

It's almost like there's a template that they are all made from, and then the other stats fill out a bit later!

Archived