How Far Would You Go For One Signing?

Would you go as far as £46,000,000 for Gareth Barry?

46000000barrylol.png

Is that not ridiculous?

I feel that this is blown out of proportion.

In real life, would Aston Villa honestly expect 46M for one player?

I offered them £25M, and they turned it down...

I really need a central midfielder, but unfortunately, I'm not willing to pay this.

Has anybody else actually paid anything like this? A ridiculous amount of money, for one player?

I'm just interested to see if anybody else would pay anything like this.

There is no way on this earth that I would pay that for Gareth Barry. I would maybe push to about £22m but not anything more than that. I haven't really overpaid for anyone in FM09 yet but i'm sure once I have won a few trophies with a big club and have money to burn it won't be far away!

In other words 'not for sale' :)

Couldn't they just say that though?

I expressed interest, and they told me £46m.

Why not just say 'We're not selling.' ?

Besides, his 'superb' form won't continue.

He wants to leave Villa and come to City.

Sorry, Martin. =D

Couldn't they just say that though?

I expressed interest, and they told me £46m.

Why not just say 'We're not selling.' ?

Because you may be stupid enough to pay it! :D

Seriously though, it happens all the time. You often read about players not being for sale and managers saying it will take a bid of x amount. Doesn't mean they won't sell him for less.

Because you may be stupid enough to pay it! :D

Seriously though, it happens all the time. You often read about players not being for sale and managers saying it will take a bid of x amount. Doesn't mean they won't sell him for less.

I would be stupid enough to pay it, if I had the money.

Unfortunately, I only have 22M(dunno if you noticed, but I'm in January, so I don't have my full wage). I really need a skillful/great passer CM for midfield, who isn't a DM... there are none that I can sign now... How I'm going to finish this league successfully, I'll never know.

The most ridiculous signing I've ever attempted, would be 65M for Ibrahimovich.

They turned me down(on 08, as Arsenal...).

EDIT: SCIAG, he wants to leave Villa to come to the City of Manchester, so the joke is on Villa...

I'm unsure as to what the game should do in this scenario. I guess their request, as Neji points out, amounts to 'not for sale'. However, if they simply said he wasnt for sale you'd then be on here saying (as would most of us) surely there is some amount they'd accept!.

If I had my way I'd probably look to add a little more to the game to better handle these situations. They could come back to you saying Barry is not for sale unless you offer an astronomical fee (which, in real life, 46M is to almost all clubs). You should then get a few chances at bidding for Barry but not be able to find the acceptable range, withdraw and rebid at a lower level hoping to find the min they'd accept.

I'm unsure as to what the game should do in this scenario. I guess their request, as Neji points out, amounts to 'not for sale'. However, if they simply said he wasnt for sale you'd then be on here saying (as would most of us) surely there is some amount they'd accept!.

If I had my way I'd probably look to add a little more to the game to better handle these situations. They could come back to you saying Barry is not for sale unless you offer an astronomical fee (which, in real life, 46M is to almost all clubs). You should then get a few chances at bidding for Barry but not be able to find the acceptable range, withdraw and rebid at a lower level hoping to find the min they'd accept.

Nah, if they weren't wanting to sell him, after I offered them that, I'd understand.

Just like I wouldn't sell some of my players, no matter the offer.

I would like for them to have accepted it, but if they don't, I can only understand.

I've had offers turned down which are even more unbelievable...

he's worth it if he does the job, but then you won't know that until you buy him...

an AVR of 7.05 in 34 apps isn't TOO bad, i mean he could come in & play alot better under you but for that money you could probably get 2 players who're equally as good if not better.

is this FM09?

how about a screen of his stats & your 1st team formation?

i paid £74m for David Silva 2 seasons ago (3 games into his 3rd).

in that time he's managed 19 goals & 37 asts (12 MoM)

this season (2015-16) i just paid £84 for a 24yr old World Class striker (Rgen)

my 1st big signing was in July '09, £10m for Lorik Cana (DM/MC)

a season later he was named in the Champions Cup Dream Team with an AVR of 7.17 and Man U offered £30m for him

im villa in my game - i sold him season 3 for 36 million to man city funnily enough. Replaced him with 25 million Diego - best business i have ever done in the game.

I am now in 2015 and have just resigned Nathan Delfouneso after selling him to west brom for 7.5 million 3 seasons ago - never realised he would turn out this good ! Has cost me 34 million to get him back - his actually value in my game was 28 million.....i will live or die by this signing i think !

Agbonlahor 34 Million

A. Young 31 Million

Wow! Personally, I found you can get younger potentially world class players for 9-15 mill usually. Established quality will be in the 20+ price range I should imagine.

Agbonlahor isn't even that good in FM 09 .. ? I looked at him and apart from being fast he was less than Godlike ..

Thanks to the above poster, Steel Phoenix(I think).

That was the link.

Install Steklo, then go to preferences, and change the background to 'Brushed Metal'.

Black is there, which is very similar, but only... black...

Anyway, Joao Moutinho, I'm in the midst of having a bid accepted, Sporting negoatiated, and I've agreed 18M(his Champions League form is far better than Barry's form overall(7.23, in case you're wondering)). I'm about to offer a contract, and I'm expecting him to sign. =)

I continued negotiations with Villa, but the lowest they were willing to go was £41M, so that was a no.

Anyway, somebody asked for my team... here it is.

citysquad.png

It looks quite poor(IMO), especially as I have no Richards, Dunne, Petrov, Elano, Johnson or Ireland, but that's the main reason I'm signing Moutinho(Barry was Petrov's replacement, in LM).

Defour, has moved already, so he's not available for signing.

Veloso is out for 4 months(a waste of money, besides, he's defensive minded).

Barry has no contract clauses, i.e no minimum fee release clause, and although Moutinho is asking for a little more than I'd have liked, I'm willing to pay the £18M. Besides, it's only 5M up front...

Oh, somebody asked for the stats of Barry, here they are(more or less the same as the first season, as I'm only 6 months into my season...)

GARETHBARRYPIECEOFCRAP.png

i always try and renogigate to something silly bellow the asking price lke when i enqured about joseph yobo for newcastle they wanted 17.5 million and got them down to 13.75 million in the end ands been brilliant ever since id imagine youd be able to knock barrys price down quite a bit but down below 30 is doubtful.

Yeah, I negotiated, and it went 46>43.

So I retried, and it went from 43>41.

I tried again, and it changed, again. 43>44.

I put in another bid last night, hoping that something miraculous will happen, but I've just offered Moutinho the contract, so Villa can go shove their £46M where the sun don't shine. =)

EDIT: Wow, Moutinho didn't accept the contract in time. The window has closed, and I have no CM... Wow... I can't believe this.

Q: If I bid £0 for Moutinho, with 18M over 6 months, will it be classed as a free transfer? If it is, will I be able to sign him, despite it being February?

Yeah, I negotiated, and it went 46>43.

So I retried, and it went from 43>41.

I tried again, and it changed, again. 43>44.

I love how the AI 'haggles' in the wrong direction. Its like "**** *** *******! How about we raise the price, eh?"

Q: If I bid £0 for Moutinho, with 18M over 6 months, will it be classed as a free transfer? If it is, will I be able to sign him, despite it being February?

LOL. No.

going by Barry's stats, he's definetely not worth that kind of money.

that's not to say he couldn't do well, but in terms of stats you could get someone much better.

try Kuzmanovic or Cana.

lol, you might even be able to get both of them for under £46m.

i paid £19m for Kuzmanovic & £10 for Cana.

Kuzmanovic is World Class & contributes an average of 15 goals & 15 asts a season.

Kuzmanovic was quality in 08, but I haven't really looked at him in 09.

I've considered Cana a few times. But they were in the summer. I had forgotten about him afterwards...

It's too late now.

And, going by recent form, I'm going to lose my grip on the title... I feel like I'd be as well playing with a man down. My team are struggling to string passes together...

And rather unfortunately, I've got 4 weeks, all of which avoid playing in the league. One of them is a cup final... If I fail to get through the 2 competitions rounds, and don't win the title, I'll feel like a failure.

And unfortunately, it would appear that I'm going to lose anyway...

Kuzmanovic was quality in 08, but I haven't really looked at him in 09.

I've considered Cana a few times. But they were in the summer. I had forgotten about him afterwards...

It's too late now.

Kuzmanovic has been unbelievable for me

he's just started his 6th season, won every trophy at club level,

European Champions Cup Best Player 2011-12, 2nd place previous season,

ECC Dream Team 2011-12, 12-13, (dropped from my team), 14-15

and i've just noticed that he's won Player's Player of the Year 4 times in the past 5 seasons

(would've probably been 5/5 if i hadn't dropped him for that one season, and that was only because i'd gotten Diego on a free & had to play him to get rid of him)

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg466/edmundo_the_animal/fm09kuzmanovicatt.jpg

Cana was my first big signing (£10m). bought him in 2009-10

end of his first season Man U offered £30m for him, i rejected it, next season he made the ECC Dream Team & then i sold him but had to take £15m...

And, going by recent form, I'm going to lose my grip on the title... I feel like I'd be as well playing with a man down. My team are struggling to string passes together...

And rather unfortunately, I've got 4 weeks, all of which avoid playing in the league. One of them is a cup final... If I fail to get through the 2 competitions rounds, and don't win the title, I'll feel like a failure.

And unfortunately, it would appear that I'm going to lose anyway...

LOL! make sure & have your Ass Man take care of the pre-match press conference & team talks.

I don't trust my Ass Man, he's Welsh(out of order, I know. Sorry.).

In all seriousness, I don't trust him. I let him do it once, and he said Arsenal would win the league...

I drew in the FA Cup, got through the Euro Cup(beat Celtic 3-2, then 1-0(at Celtic Park) =O).

I'm just about to play Everton... =D

I don't trust my Ass Man, he's Welsh(out of order, I know. Sorry.).

In all seriousness, I don't trust him. I let him do it once, and he said Arsenal would win the league...

i signed Patrick Colleter from Monaco as my Ass Man, his stats don't really look that great but in terms of press conferences & team talks he seems to be spot on most of the time.

which is just aswell, the conferences are boring & the team talks are too time consuming/complicated... & most of the time the players don't seem to be listening anyway.

I drew in the FA Cup, got through the Euro Cup(beat Celtic 3-2, then 1-0(at Celtic Park) =O).

I'm just about to play Everton... =D

going by the handful of players you have that i recognise/have signed myself, it's not really a surprise you beat them.

the original Celtic team are ok...

i usually make it a challenge for myself to stick with the original team & see how far i can take them but havn't gotten round to it yet. too busy just trying to get a feel for the game at the moment.

Archived