2gig dual RAM or 3gig RAM

Hello, I have searched this question before posting, and looked on google, but all anwsers seem a little vague.....

I have windows vista 32bit operating system, I understand there is a 3gig cap, however I would like to up-grade my 2gig Dual ram to 3gig, my question is would you be better off with staying with 2gig dual ram or pushing up to 3gig Ram running independently, and will this allow me to run a few more leagues……………

Do any of you guys run FM on 3gigs??

Hello, I have searched this question before posting, and looked on google, but all anwsers seem a little vague.....

I have windows vista 32bit operating system, I understand there is a 3gig cap, however I would like to up-grade my 2gig Dual ram to 3gig, my question is would you be better off with staying with 2gig dual ram or pushing up to 3gig Ram running independently, and will this allow me to run a few more leagues……………

Do any of you guys run FM on 3gigs??

My laptop has 4GB with Windows Viata. :thup:

i've got an 8gb pc, running with windows xp x64.

it is better than when i only had a 32bit os.

best thing you could do would be to get a 64 bit version of windows vista.

8gig Ram that’s madness, you will be able to take over the world with that machine.

It's been my experience that you won't notice any real improvements by using a dual channel setup. Various tests you run might show a slightly faster access time (as mentioned above), but in reality the difference is so small that I doubt you'll find anyone that can actually notice the improvement.

So, personally I would choose more RAM in a single channel setup ahead of less RAM in a dual channel setup. While 2 GB should be enough at the moment, you'll probably end up needing 3 GB at some point.

It's been my experience that you won't notice any real improvements by using a dual channel setup. Various tests you run might show a slightly faster access time (as mentioned above), but in reality the difference is so small that I doubt you'll find anyone that can actually notice the improvement.

So, personally I would choose more RAM in a single channel setup ahead of less RAM in a dual channel setup. While 2 GB should be enough at the moment, you'll probably end up needing 3 GB at some point.

Exactly.

/10char

I have windows vista 32bit operating system, I understand there is a 3gig cap

You can install 4GB but if you do you will only have access to about 3.3GB. I found this out the hard way as I was unaware of the limitations of the 32bit version of windows.

Go to http://crucial.com/uk/index.aspx?cpe=CHAWKuk or www.crucial.com if you live outside the uk and it will scan your system and tell you what type of ram your computer already has and if its possible to upgrade it further.

I have 3gig on my dual core laptop.

I have 4gig on my quad core desktop.

The desktop used to be a dual core system, but I bought a new processor about 2 weeks ago.

I only mention the multicore CPUs because it makes a difference in the comparisons.

Currently, I am only running England with all leagues because I'm trying to learn the game (tweaking tactics, training and such) before I start a bigger game with more countries involved.

The laptop runs FM just fine, but it does take a bit to process and start a match when compared to the desktop when it was only a dual core system. Everything else runs well. I don't have times for how long it takes the computer to process certain things, but it is definitely reasonable and I continue to play on my laptop even though I have a desktop to play it on too.

Getting the quad core CPU has made an even bigger difference. The processing times are even quicker and I probably will keep the smaller game on the laptop and create a new game with a bunch of countries on it on the desktop.

Based on how it runs on my systems, I'd get as much RAM as you can (obviously within reason for your OS), it makes a difference. I'd also recommend upgrading the CPU, but if you can't do that too, get the RAM.

Archived