Contract before Price?

Ive been hearing alot over the past few weeks of players having agreed a contract with another team but still the price is being discussed. I cant remember specific examples but is there a way to implement this? Say if a team are happy to sell a player they will let you offer a contract but negotiate the price at the same time?

icon14.gif

This is one of the few features I would like to see taken from CM. It would help speed up certain transfers as you would be able to complete the deal as soon as a fee is agreed rather then have to then negotiate a contract, needlessly dragging out the process.

This is happening a fair bit at the moment, there was mention of a few clubs had agreed terms with Ronaldinho, then they had to negotiate with Barca themselves, however, this is in the shaded area of football, and I think is illegal in English/British football known as "tapping up" players.

Chelsea got in a bit of trouble over it a few years ago, so it could be something thats a bit iffy to include.

It is 'tapping up' in a sense. But we should be able to approach the club to ask if we can speak with the player, and then if they say 'yes', we can go ahead and start negotiating a contract with them, whilst at the same time negotiating a transfer fee with the club.

If the club says 'no' then thats the end of it, and you're not allowed to discuss a contract with the player. Great idea!

Originally posted by brookie1402:

It is 'tapping up' in a sense. But we should be able to approach the club to ask if we can speak with the player, and then if they say 'yes', we can go ahead and start negotiating a contract with them, whilst at the same time negotiating a transfer fee with the club.

If the club says 'no' then thats the end of it, and you're not allowed to discuss a contract with the player. Great idea!

We already can. That's my interpretation of using the media to say you're very interested in signing Player X, or you are in awe of Player X's ability. This is an area where IRL these shady operations are done via the media to avoid accusations of tapping up (Altho' SAF might disagree!!)

The club might respond by telling you to royally **** off, or the player might take your praise 'with a pinch of salt', thus giving heavy hints as to whether you should proceed or not.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brookie1402:

We already can. That's my interpretation of using the media to say you're very interested in signing Player X, or you are in awe of Player X's ability. This is an area where IRL these shady operations are done via the media to avoid accusations of tapping up (Altho' SAF might disagree!!)

The club might respond by telling you to royally **** off, or the player might take your praise 'with a pinch of salt', thus giving heavy hints as to whether you should proceed or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still cant agree to contract with them before the fee is decided though icon_wink.gif

Archived