FM 2007 questions

1. Why, when my player agrees a loan contract with some other team for 6 months, and then they ask for another month after that and my player agrees, why does he come back and say it was a complete waste of time? If it was, why did you agree for another month!?

2. Why, when I'm playing a 5-3-2 with 3 centre-backs, does my best DC get annoyed that there's too much competition for places when I have 5 DCs in my first team squad. Does he not understand the need for subs, and can he not see that he's playing 35 games a season?

3. Why can I offer full-time contracts to 14/15/16 year olds, who clearly want to play for me, but never sign? For example, I tried signing a 14 year old from a Italian Serie B side, and I'm in the English Premiership, and he wants £3,000 a week, I offer £45,000 and he ALWAYS agrees a new contract with his current club and not me. ALWAYS. What's the point of letting me offer him a deal - why not just say he feels he's too young to look elsewhere.

4. Why is it that when I'm leading 3-0 in a game with 10 minutes left, and then my opposition score 2 in 5 minutes, I know for an absolute fact that they will score the equalizer. This has happened in 4 games so far for me this season, and in 2 of them I went Ultra Defensive and had a formation of 1 sweeper, 5 defenders and 4 defensive midfielders and they still scored when for some reason 6 of my players decided to go up for a corner! In the other 2 games, I went All Out Attacking just for fun (I knew they would score anyway) and they did.

5. I've won the League 3 years in a row, and the Champions League twice in a row. Why does my assistant feel the urge to tell me that if I don't strength the squad drastically, we won't win anything!

6. Why do Lyon enquire how much it will be to buy my left midfielder Erkin Caner, for me to reply and say £40m, them to pull out of the deal, only for them to enquire the next day? Umm....the answer is going to be £40m. Same as it was yesterday. Fools!

7. Why is the default length of contract for players who won't get a work permit (and will therefore have to go to my Belgium feeder) 3 years? Is it because the game is hoping I won't check and that my player will be available on a free to other teams before we can accept a new contract from me?

8. Why is it that when my carefully thought out tactics result in David Villa or David Trezeguet having a great 1 on 1 chance, they blast it over the bar. It's nothing to do with tactics, that's just bad finishing. Once my tactics have worked well to create the chance, a few yards out with no defenders in sight, it just comes down to that individual player's quality. If only I had a world class striker with finishing, composure, and first touch of 20 and a Superb morale.....oh wait....I do!

9. And finally, why does this happen most games? Very annoying! Better than my opposition in every stat, had 12 shots on target so there's nothing wrong with my tactic (although see point 8 for the reasons why that didnt work). I'm not really sure what else I can do to win that game!

29875880kw8.th.jpg

Also:

10. Is there any way I can force my strikers to pass the ball? For example in the picture below, Bent has just shot. Now, he's never going to score from there, but I'll let him off that one as there are a few defenders around. However, I have countless situations where it's just Bent and the other striker, and instead of Bent passing it for a simple tap in, he shoots from a weird angle and misses. How can I "shout" to him and say "stop shooting - just look up and pass once in a while!"

18154576my5.th.jpg

His Long Shots is set to Rarely.

I'll have a go at a few of the questions

1: maybe the player agreed to the extension simply so that he could be seen to be going along with your wishes, in the hopes of impressing you even though he feels it is a waste of time.

2. Maybe you just have a very insecure centre back! I cant say ive ever had that problem myself!

3. Good point, that happened to me just yesterday and i was wondering what was going on (this was on FM09)

4. I sort of agree with this, but often i am ahead by a couple and still win, so i think it is just unlucky (although it does seem to happen more often in fm09 than in real life)

5. do you have a useless assistant? Admittedly i am a small club, but my scout at rochdale is useless, often telling me that a player isnt worth signing before i get him anyway and find he is class- try a new assistant!

6. yep, thats annoying

3. Why can I offer full-time contracts to 14/15/16 year olds, who clearly want to play for me, but never sign? For example, I tried signing a 14 year old from a Italian Serie B side, and I'm in the English Premiership, and he wants £3,000 a week, I offer £45,000 and he ALWAYS agrees a new contract with his current club and not me. ALWAYS. What's the point of letting me offer him a deal - why not just say he feels he's too young to look elsewhere.

He probably has already signed a deal for a future contract (that will only be signed when he turns 17). Its stupid that it still displays the "Approach to sign" or "Make offer" thing... But anyways you can't sign him until he signs that contract (at 17..)

Ah, Andehlson, that makes sense. Still very annoying the game builds up my hopes by letting me offer a contract!

The answer I was trying to get was has the 10 points or so been fixed, altered or changed in some way for FM09? It might not be worth me getting it if I am still able to make the same list of 10 things that annoy me!

Ah, Andehlson, that makes sense. Still very annoying the game builds up my hopes by letting me offer a contract!

The answer I was trying to get was has the 10 points or so been fixed, altered or changed in some way for FM09? It might not be worth me getting it if I am still able to make the same list of 10 things that annoy me!

most of them still exist, but imo fm09 is still a big enough improvement on 08 to be well worth getting

Well that one was solved in FM09 :p

]

I still play FM 2007 even now and I love it, i'm not sure about the other issues you mentioned, especially the one about knowing the opposition will always score when you are in the lead. I have never found that an issue on 2007, of course ive let leads slip and they have come back to draw and win but it doesen't happen much at all if I have a solid team and I am doing well in the league. I found it was a big problem on FM 2008, players just didn't seem to close down properly but they do just fine on 2007 for me.

In answer to that question i have quoted... The reason that happens is because they have already signed a full time contract with their current club when he turns 17. I know it could be classed as a bug because it shouldn't even let you offer him a contract if he has already agreed to one when he turns 17 with his current club but I have learned to live with it and the best way to find out is to go to the Transfer section of the players profile and it will tell you if he has signed a professional deal when he turns 17.

Archived