Recognition for assists

I reckon people should get recognised for assists in game, my striker has a massive goal drought at the moment, but he's chipping in with nearly an assist per match. But on the milestones screen, his "hasn't scored in 978 minutes" is making him look pathetic. So, I think their should be "3 assists away from 25 assists from Hitchin" or "2 assists away from 450 career assists"

Please note this isn't a rant, more of a suggestion.

I reckon people should get recognised for assists in game, my striker has a massive goal drought at the moment, but he's chipping in with nearly an assist per match. But on the milestones screen, his "hasn't scored in 978 minutes" is making him look pathetic. So, I think their should be "3 assists away from 25 assists from Hitchin" or "2 assists away from 450 career assists"

Good idea Cardiovascular have you put this in the suggestions thread mate.:thup:

Absolutely agree, assists seem to go unnoticed which is ridiculous, I too have had a striker in a goal drought but during the drought he has managed 5 assists and still gets good match ratings.

Definately would support this. Hell, when it comes down to goal droughts, I'd like more detail, and perhaps "excuses". For example, I had a striker who only scored twice and only got something like 4-5 assists in about 15 games, yet his average rating was over 7. He'd played really well, and though he rarely got the actual "assist" he was vital in pretty much all my attacking play, and the team was getting good results. So, it'd be great if the "goal drought" message said something like "despite his lack of goals, <player X> is performing well, and his inability to score doesn't seem to be affecting the team's results"

Nah, if he's a striker and is playing the position, despite the good ratings and the assists, he's still failing. He should put the ball in the net once in a while. Not doing it is a failure to me. And I've very little patience for non-scoring strikers: out of the team, you useless creature! ;)

Archived