unreal adebayor!!

He's definately farrrrrr too good on this game, to the point of ridiculousness. One of my friends got so frustrated with it (After Super Ade scored 7, yes 7, goals against him in a single match) that he now pre-sets Adebayor to have a fractured skull at the start of the game :D

He's definately farrrrrr too good on this game, to the point of ridiculousness. One of my friends got so frustrated with it (After Super Ade scored 7, yes 7, goals against him in a single match) that he now pre-sets Adebayor to have a fractured skull at the start of the game :D

Nice one I like it a fractured skull he must hate him.:D

Nice one I like it a fractured skull he must hate him.

Yes, he also hated Dean Sturridge for ages because he scored a 119th minute chamionship playoff extra time winner against him back on FM06... I was in tears of laughter, he was fooking raging :D

Adebayor, despite Arsenal doing mediocre in my game, is on great form.

17 goals in 17 games.

Unfortunately, for him, he got injured - broke his arm - and is out for a while... the whole of the season, to be precise.

Keirrison - my top League goalscorer, and second overall - has 14 goals in 14 games, and is perfectly fit.

It looks like I might have top goalscorer of the season on my hands, especially with Robinho and Cardozo being 4th and 6th, respectively.

Unfortunately, Adebayor is out... but that doesn't bother me...

The thing is his stats aren't the best in the game but somehow he's a beast, I recently went arsenal for 6 months as part of a challenge and he scored 29 in 19 games, where in my gateshead save my strikers can't hit a barn door with a banjo. It goes from the ridiculous to the sublime!

Ahem *cough* SI/Arsenal commercial link *cough*

I suggest you get your facts sorted before posting rubbish like this. The person who supplies the data for Arsenal has nothing to do with the Arsenal edition of FM09.

surely your not suggesting that arsenal are favoured are you? :D

If he doesn't then I will.

Have had some limited joy at closing him out of the game though (tight marking - easy tackling - show onto weaker foot) but he is still way too good ingame. No way do you play a high dline with him up front against you.

I think everyone acknowledges it is somewhat amusing in a suspicious way that the SI/Arsenal commercial link coincides with Arsenal being bloody unstoppable in-game :D though I'm sure very few people seriously believe it was intentional on the part of SI... just one of those things where Arsenal's style of play syncs extremely well with the match engine.

I apologise if you couldnt recognise that the post was in jest!

"Jest" or not (not), your post was still utter nonsense and contributes nothing. As has been said countless times, there is no correlation between Arsenal's godliness in the pre-patch version of the game (which was subsequently remedied in 9.2.0 I believe) and the Arsenal version of FM, which is simply a marketing tool to appeal to more (Arsenal) fans.

"Jest" or not (not), your post was still utter nonsense and contributes nothing. As has been said countless times, there is no correlation between Arsenal's godliness in the pre-patch version of the game (which was subsequently remedied in 9.2.0 I believe) and the Arsenal version of FM, which is simply a marketing tool to appeal to more (Arsenal) fans.

Utter nonsense that coincidentally, more than i recognise judging by some of the posts in this thread.

Utter nonsense that coincidentally, more than i recognise judging by some of the posts in this thread.

Ah, so your post wasn't in jest. Figures. It is possible for more than one person to be wrong you know.

They're still amazing on my game which is 9.2.0 patched, regularly beating teams by 4+ goals, but as previously stated, it's likely just a coincidence that their style of play happens to compliment the match engine, combined with their youths becoming very good very quickly. I hope this'll get sorted in patch 9.3, though when you do beat Arsenal you feel a proper sense of accomplishment :D

Another thing that annoys me is how easily and quickly the "big four" get deposed in FM09. Okay, Arsenal stay pretty amazing. But other clubs find it too easy to break through into the top four. Teams like Man Utd and Chelsea can end up in mid-table by 2010. It's totally unrealistic. I know it's a game, but should it really be this easy?

Patch hasn't fixed it in my experience, especially old Ade.

Patch hasn't fixed it in my experience, especially old Ade.

Well, it was mentioned that it was being tweaked in the last patch - I haven't played it, which is why I said "I believe" it had been fixed. :thup:

I think it's unfair that only Arsenal have an special edition. I think every Prem club shoud have one. Obviously I could be wrong and SI could have contacted other clubs to do one with them. but imo it's a massive coincidence how Arsenal are so good and then SI release a special Arsenal edition.

*Shifty eyes*

I wonder if it's possible to reduce Arsenal's effectiveness without either recoding the match engine or changing the way arsenal are programmed to play? Either way, it may mean this issue won't be fixed... though hopefully it won't be that difficult to alter.

Another thing that annoys me is how easily and quickly the "big four" get deposed in FM09. Okay, Arsenal stay pretty amazing. But other clubs find it too easy to break through into the top four. Teams like Man Utd and Chelsea can end up in mid-table by 2010. It's totally unrealistic. I know it's a game, but should it really be this easy?

I think when they make the big clubs buy players again that will happen less.

Mod u rage calm down Ade's stats are a joke

I won't pretend to have wholly understood your post, but I haven't argued that Ade's stats are accurate; simply that there is nothing to do with Arsenal's FM dominance and the Arsenal edition of FM.

I won't pretend to have wholly understood your post, but I haven't argued that Ade's stats are accurate; simply that there is nothing to do with Arsenal's FM dominance and the Arsenal edition of FM.

Gillsman, I think the people in here are posting sensibly and perhaps it is/isn't a coincedence that Arsenal are so good on many of the other posters games, whether it be through AI Arsenes tactical ability or not. My original post about the link between Arsenal/SI was merely jest as i have stated before. Im sorry that the majority of posters in here managed to take it in a way that it was meant, and im sorry that i annoyed you to the point that you felt you had to have a rant at me!

Gillsman, I think the people in here are posting sensibly and perhaps it is/isn't a coincedence that Arsenal are so good on many of the other posters games, whether it be through AI Arsenes tactical ability or not. My original post about the link between Arsenal/SI was merely jest as i have stated before. Im sorry that the majority of posters in here managed to take it in a way that it was meant, and im sorry that i annoyed you to the point that you felt you had to have a rant at me!

That really wasn't a rant! :D I was just correcting your jest/non-jest assertions, that's all.

Archived